All reviews sliding glass lobby area was clean property is conveniently located nights per year fridge and microwave complimentary coffee late at night would stay here again room number comfortable beds an update nice stay off the highway the room was nice staff was friendly up to date cookies
Reviewed 22 July 2018

When driving up to hotel, half of it was covered in plastic being painted. Kind of an odd property, two story with no elevator. Rooms need an overhaul but it was actually peaceful. BIG SHOUT OUT to the Front Desk Staff, LaWanda, Ashley, and Gloria were killing it with KINDNESS. Great attitudes.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

The positive- Front desk staff were extremely personable and helpful.

The negative - the hotel is undergoing renovations and truly needs these renovations. The TV capability was 1990 era. The remote didn’t even provide a channel guide.

I’m not a fan of the refillable toiletry bottles for body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. Seriously... this does not seem hygienic to me. Please give me the individual size sealed toiletries!

I may try this hotel again after renovations are complete but it will not be my first option in Augusta.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevmcclosk
Scott J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hello kevmcclosk,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay and especially for the kind words regarding the staff service. Comments like yours help us to continually improve.

We look forward to your next visit with us to see our hotel changes.

Respectfully,

Scott Jacobi

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Nice stay at an original Courtyard. They still have the courtyard in the center with pool, though be warned that means no elevators to the 2nd floor. Not a problem for me with just 1 bag, but might be an issue for larger parties.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Overall, this is a safe and quiet hotel. Friendly staff. But very out of date and no where near the standards of other Courtyard Marriotts. Two floors and no elevator, which is a little weird. Old very firm beds. Carpet is kind of dingy, room wasn't vacuumed well. No USB outlets.Soap and shampoo from a pump bottle. Very thin towels. A few small spiders in the bathroom. The air conditioning just couldn't keep up. It was very hot outside, but any unit should be able to reach 69 degrees at night. This one sounded awful and just couldn't cut it. It was about 73-74 all night.

I usually stay at Courtyard Marriotts for their consistent cleanliness, cold ACs, updated rooms and great beds. This was a let down. The nightly rate was basically fair, but I could have paid the same or a few bucks more for a much better room near by. I think many Augusta hotels don't need to update because they make so much money during golf season, but this one isn't isn't up to par with other Courtyard Marriotts. This was much closer to what I would expect from a Laquinta Inn or similar. It's fine as a last resort, but shouldn't be a first choice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Scott J, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear amywankmuller,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the leadership team in an effort to make improvements based on your experienced. I sincerely apologize for your stay being less than perfect. We are grateful that you chose to stay with us and hope we get a second chance to impress you during your next visit to Augusta.

Respectfully,

Scott Jacobi

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Stayed at the Marriott courtyard returning for a round of golf
this place is very convenient and staff are excellent got upgraded and had a super breakfast and dinner downstairs lobby restaurant
Recommend the healthy egg white turkey sandwich very good.

Room Tip: top floor for sure
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple