“Really, really good”
Review of Abel Brown

Abel Brown
Reserve with OpenTable
Abel Brown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 509 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Description: Abel Brown is a southern kitchen & oyster bar nestled in Surrey Center in Augusta, Ga. The name, much like our menu, is a nod to and celebration of our blended cultural roots. Authentic, yet refined, our ingredient-driven dishes are prepared and served with thought and respect. We pair clean and modern Southern cuisine with the charm & tradition reserved for high company.
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

First visit and much more than expected. Phil was our server, speed, super service. Started with oysters Rockefeller, excellent preparation. Wife had heirloom tomato salad, and she "ate the whole thing." Entrees were shrimp and grits, scallops and the lamb special. Everyone raved about their food. I had the lamb, and the sausage was as good as I've ever had. This restaurant has now become my #1 in Augusta..

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I don't normally write a second review so soon after my first but we had such a nice meal with such nice service that wanted to share. We are in Augusta 3 or 4 times a year and since our last visit to Able Brown we have not had a chance to get back there. Due to poor planning on our part we always wait too long before we try to get a reservation and then we can't get in (I should re-read my first review). This time we called much earlier and got in!

This time I tried the Tea-Hive cocktail - really delicious. Light and refreshing and just sweet enough without being too sweet. Dinner was delicious - fresh oysters, beautiful salads (mine was the wedge with delicious blue cheese and bacon strips), the smoked rib-eye, some sort of fish picatta, scallops, tuna, beet salads . . . all wonderful!

Though that would have been enough, the service was really outstanding and accommodating. Our server assisted us with a couple of special requests that night and we were so appreciative. His kindness and patience meant so much to our family and friends.

We will be back - I think I found my favorite Augusta restaurant!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The food here is outta this world. Comfort food with sophistication. Great cocktails (I opted for the Kentucky Mule- yum!). The atmosphere is casual yet still feels like a special occasion. They also have a kids menu if you ask for it. Lots of variety. I can't wait to eat here again!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We've always wanted to try this and finally had the opportunity. We had the smoked pork shoulder. My wife and I split it and it was still plenty of food. Nice wine selection and pleasant waitstaff. Excellent.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Our daughter has been telling us about this place for months, but we thought, "yeah, another cheap eatery geared to the less than modest Augusta budget." We went there tonight and were we ever wrong. It's not expensive by big city standards, but the food is as good as we've ever had in New York, Miami, St. Martin or Bermuda, at half the price. They have many oysters from many places, graded according to salinity. I like them salty, so I had the Long Island Blue Points. Then I had a dozen Oysters Rockefeller. They were the best I've had outside of Antoines in New Orleans, whose recipe is a secret. I suspect Antoines uses Absinthe, I had their bleu cheese lettuce wedge salad. My wife had tomato soup and scallops. We finished up with Creme Brûlée.