“Wow! Amazing food!”
Review of Frog Hollow Tavern

Frog Hollow Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Frog Hollow Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 500 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th Street
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Augusta, Frog Hollow Tavern serves regional cuisine from locally sourced farms. The bar barrel ages craft cocktails and also has a wide selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! This place is amazing! The food was delicious!! If you are a foodie you will love this place! If you aren’t a foodie you will love this place! Absolutely some of the best food I have ever eaten! Great service and ambience! We got to sit at a beautiful table in the window looking out on the street!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our friends booked this place a few months ago, based on it’s rating on Trip Advisor.

We would definitely support the #1 rating! And, recommend advance booking, especially when the Masters are in town!

Our meal was delicious....the asparagus soup, the wedge salad, the signature pork shop and the soft shell crab. Even though we knew it was going to be very busy, with multiple seatings, we didn’t feel rushed, even for a moment.

If we have the opportunity to be in Augusta again, Frog Hollow will definitely be a go to restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had a party of 8 celebrating my birthday. The food was fantastic. The bar service was a little slow, but they were very busy and I can understand why. I ordered the Butcher steak and switched up the sides. The Gouda mac and cheese is amazing!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Sat at the bar. 2 bartender both female knew their bourbon and beer. I had a a Widow Jane Bourbon to start recommended by one of the bartenders. Then I order Oysters with andouille sausage. Not bad and a decent pairing. For dinner I had the pork shoulder. It was very good. Then I glanced down at the bourbon list and saw Pappy 10 year old. I asked the bartender about it and she said it shouldn’t be on the menu and she didn’t think they had any. Ok, whatev. Then she said , but let me check. She came back with a brand new bottle. I was shocked. I’ve never had it. Been searching for an affordable shot for years. It was as smooth as I had imagined. Thank you Frog Hollow Tavern and the two beautiful bartenders. You made my week.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

First and foremost, get a confirmed reservation. During our first attempt at dinning here we called and left a message, but no one called back to confirm our request. It seams if they are busy, they're just too busy to even answer the phone. We drove down only to be unable to get seated that night. While there was bar seating available, they had no idea when or if a table would become open.
As for our actual dinning experience, while the whole farm to table concept is new to me, there are some weaknesses. Being some of the first to be seated and dine that night, we were the guinea pigs for that nights offerings. Sadly some serious mistakes must have taken place during that days prep work and for some reason the sausage was extremely salty. So salty it was not edible, the entire batch. One would think someone would taste test things before plating them for that nights service, obviously not.