“Great hotel but poor layout.......”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times. It is always a great experience checking in & out. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The workout room is decent except the weight machine on this trip was in disrepair and for some reason the TV doesn't receive all the channels you get in your room including ESPN which really grates me. The breakfast area is large and very plush compared to most hotels I stay in.

My only real complaint is that the parking here stinks. The primary parking area next to the hotel is fairly small and the lobby & main entrance is on the very end of the building when it should have been in the middle. The three times I have stayed here I have been able to park somewhat close to the front door upon arrival but whenever I come back from dinner I am relegated to park at the other end. There is a keyed entrance on the other end but it's below grade (like a cellar) and its not covered which is a problem when it's raining (2 out of the 3 times I have stayed here!). There is a secondary parking area but it's actually closer to the hotel next door and a lot of times it is full of large work trucks (3-4 concrete trucks on this visit).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Our family stayed at the Comfort Suites on Riverwest Drive at the beginning of the month... We had an exeptional stay.. The rooms were clean / the service was great ... Look forward to coming back on our next visit... Thank you very much !!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Booked a "quiet" room off the Choicehotels website. The only thing quiet was the hallway as the room was off the main walkway and had no traffic in front of it. This was a room that overlooked the pool. Across the street from this end of the hotel is a Pilot truck stop and a daily train that rolled by. Then as it was windy, the exhaust ports on the side of the hotel right above the window sounded like a jackhammer and could easily be heard over the a/c unit.

Other than the noise, the stay was great. Plenty of food at breakfast each morning, 2 different newspapers, great staff, very nice room and furnishings. Popcorn and snacks set out daily. Very nice pool area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front side of the hotel. Pool side has truck stop across the street, back side of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2012

While the rooms might be acceptable, the noise in this area is not. The hotel is very close to Interstate 20, and the traffic from that is pretty bad. If that wasn't already noisy enough, there are people who like to "hang out" on that area and share their car stereo systems with all of the guests in the hotel, usually around 2am on the weekends. I had stayed here many weekends and this happened pretty consistently. It was consistent enough that I no longer stay in any of these hotels in this area because I would rather pay slightly more and get some sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank electronchick
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel while I was on business in the area.

The hotel itself is newer like most Comfort Suites I have been staying in. The check in was quick and friendly with no problem. I was put into a room with a king bed, nice size room with sitting area with couch, microwave, fridge and the normal amenities. The room was pretty clean, but I did find that my bed skirt was all ripped on the one side of my bed...not a big deal. The thing that was a big deal was the sound of barking. I always read reviews before I stay anywhere and I read the reviews here, however it seems the ones I picked to review never mentioned anything about a dog. I originally thought the hotel allowed dogs and they were in the room next to me. It was then that I decided to read more reviews about this hotel and found the issues with the dog barking. Luckily they didn't bark at 5am like others have notated. If you get a room on the side next to the big building ask for another room. I didn't bother getting another room as I only stayed one day.
I visited the pool area, I am pretty sure it hadn't been cleaned or wiped down for weeks. The chairs were filthy as was the pool. I certainly wouldn't have gotten into it. There is no relaxing at the pool as right across the street is a truck stop so huge trucks were constantly going in and out, so many trucks that the pavement at the red light has been ruined so badly that if you had a low car and got in the ruts you may scrape the bottom.
The hotel overall was just OK. The staff was very friendly like everyone else had mentioned. If I was in the area again I am up in the air if I would pick this one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business