“The best seafood in Augusta”
Review of The Juicy Crab

The Juicy Crab
Ranked #26 of 496 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: Low country boil, Cajun spiced seafood restaurant and bar.
Description: Low country boil, Cajun spiced seafood restaurant and bar.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Upon arriving, the staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed right away. Our server was new, but was already very knowledgeable about the menu, specials, combos...etc. I got fried calamari and was surprised how fresh and tender it seemed. My cousin and I both got crab legs with shrimp, which comes with an ear of corn and 1 small red potato. The food was, in a word, delectable! It was a very nice treat to finally get some top quality seafood in Augusta and I left fully satisfied - which means I'll definitely be back. Kudos to the staff there for a job well done and to Kovey, our server who was gracious and friendly! A good value for some delicious food!

1  Thank Mark W

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Only open a few months, this is the place for low country boil bags. Our first visit was for a quick lunch so we had fried shrimp basket and fried fish basket, both really good. Our second visit we tried the lowcountry boil with crab leg, shrimp and sausage. Ir included one potato and one piece of corn because one bag is for one person, but we had no way to refrigerate leftovers, so we shared one bag. Guess what? They give you disposable gloves, a bib and lots of napkins; no forks here. The crab leg was very big. You pick your flavor such as garlic & butter, Cajun or spicy etc. All full of flavor. We were surprised that boiled eggs were part of this mix, really surprised. Eggs were good but we would not normally add boiled eggs. They also offer crawdads, clams, oysters, mussels or shrimp with heads on or off. The atmosphere is fun and wait staff is friendly.

1  Thank Rita A
Reviewed 25 July 2017

While vacationing we decided to eat lunch at The Juicy Crab. I must say, of all the places I have traveled, they had the best fried oysters! What a delightful change of pace, to have wonderful seafood at decent prices! I had the fried oysters with onion rings for only $12.00. My husband had the fried shrimp and catfish basket with fries for only $10.00! If you're in the area and love seafood, don't miss eating here.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Prices are great, food is okay. A little difficult to figure out the menu, as to how to order. Not exactly self-explanatory. Our server had to keep going to the back to get answers in reference to our questions.
I got the fried shrimp. They were pretty heavily breaded, no grill option. I removed the breading. The sweet potato fries were pretty good. My husband was pleased with his order of fish. The rest of our party got seafood meals steamed and bagged, with corn, potatoes, sausage, etc. Very messy, but it is cool that the restaurant provides bibs & wipes for all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The food was great. Very fresh and seasoned perfectly. Service was very pleasant and food was served in a very timely manner. The establishment was very clean and pleasant.