“Great casual seafood joint!”

Rhinehart's Oyster Bar
Ranked #7 of 496 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 2 November 2015

It's supposed to look like a seafood shack at the beach, and succeeds. Gravel parking lot, picnic benches, paper plates, and terrific seafood take you away from their in-town location. Good beer and pleasant service only add to the atmosphere. We were there for lunch, and it looks like it may get a bit rowdy at night, so be prepared.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

I'm not that big on Rhineharts. They have lots of fried foods and not much steamed. The amount of food for the price is not good to me either. I went once but won't go again I doubt

Reviewed 26 October 2015

If you want the most mouthwatering shrimp, than this is the place that you need to be!. Laid back, come as you are, it needs to be located on the beach for us beach bums. Oh, yes bring your marker... and signed the tables or walls. Yes, I told it was it laid back. Augusta at its best.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Took my niece here. The food is excellent, and there is a good variety of things to choose from in the menu. The atmosphere is one of paper plates and picnic tables, so there's no need to dress up. The batter on the fried shrimp is light and fluffy (but not quite like tempura), and their homemade tartar sauce is fantastic!

Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Been here several times on business. However, this is my first review. Had Steamed Oysters on half Shell and Jambalaya. I thought I was in New Orleans. This was truly a great meal. I will return again. Place may not look as clean as some folks may think but have never seen anything out the way. Inside at the bar or tables even outside in the patio area.