“CAN’T BEAT IT!!”

S & S Cafeterias
Ranked #62 of 524 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If it’s vegetables and variety you enjoy, you can’t beat S & S Cafeterias. When we travel, we try to locate at least one on our route. Through the years, I’ve learned to pace myself as I go through the serving line and not pick too many of the delectable choices. This trip, I went against my better judgement and had the baby calves liver and onions. I know this is not the healthiest dish to choose, and this would not be the choice of entrees for most, but I love it!! And there I found it to be some of the best I’ve ever eaten, aside from my mother’s. The carrot salad and Mexican cornbread was also delicious!! My husband chose his favorite, a vegetable plate. So many veggies from which to choose. Desserts too! The only thing I would not recommend there is the lemon pie. It was rather bland that day. We enjoyed great service and the prices are always reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

S&S cafeteria serves home-styled meals which are both tasty and filling. Included on their menu are delicious desserts and the best sweet tea in Tennessee. During peak hours give yourself ample time as the patrons will be will fill the restaurant. You will love the meal.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Went with the whole family.Lots of choices. Everyone young to old can find something good to eat. Nostalgic atmosphere.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

The atmosphere is nice and the staff are very friendly. The food was very good. We have been back a couple more times and will go again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at S&S, it was alright but not fantastic, Food could have been hotter but they were extremely busy so food probably cooled down while we were waiting in line to get our receipt. The ladies cleaning tables were very nice and helpful. Our favorite cafeteria is K&W and believe me they’re hard to beat so I suppose it’s not fair comparing S&S with them. Will probably give S&S a second chance since Thanksgiving Day was so hectic for them.

Date of visit: November 2017