All reviews north tower executive tower great location front desk staff in town within walking distance broad st breakfast buffet university area hotel bar the room was nice business trip beds were very comfortable visiting uga nice stay close to downtown classic center
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Good location. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Not fancy but decent and clean. Provided coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The living area in Suite 3377 needed more natural light. Room needs updating - Stucko ceiling, 70's olive green carpet. Lobby and halls cheerfully decorated. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank D W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Athens-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hello D W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Athens-University Area, GA. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I loved my stay in Athens, Ga. the folks at the hotel were friendly and helpful. Good location to downtown. I really enjoyed strolling around the downtown are just steps away from the hotel.
Bad stuff involves cleanliness. Hairs in the sink and shower. Dust in the rooms. The elevator on my north side of the hotel was just awful. No ventilation and sickening smell. I took the stairs to my fifth floor room up and down to avoid that nastiness.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lonestarnac

Hi Kelly D,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience during your stay. I am pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and helpful and location to be good. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about your overall disappointment with the poor cleanliness of the room and elevator which have no ventilation negatively affected your stay. I have forwarded your genuine observations to the hotel management for review for needed improvements as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service and accommodations we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Athens while our daughter was at an event at UGA. The location is one of its bests assets! It's within walking distance of UGA and the restaurants and clubs of downtown.
The rooms are very nice-- not a four-star, upscale resort, but very nice. We had a king room in building 2. I was a bit surprised at how compact the room was, but it is adequate for a night or two -- and very comfortable.
A plus -- it had a digital clock (I'm surprised how many nice hotels don't have this simple thing). It also had a microwave and refrigerator.
Now for the minuses. Finding where to check in is very confusing. It's not where you would think and it is not marked well at all. Even though the hotel address is West Broad, there is not an entrance on West Broad. The entrances are on Lumpkin St. and Hull St. Take the entrance on Hull Street and the place that looks like a valet parking entrance is the entrance to the front desk for check-in. (There's no valet parking, by the way-- it's not needed.) The hotel would do itself a favor by upgrading its signage. I had at least three people stop me as I walked in the parking lot asking me where the front desk was for check-in.)
Another very picky minus -- no fan in the bathroom. It's likely one of those automatic jobs that circulates air, but I like the kind of fan than you can turn on with a switch when you need it and know it's working by the sound. Picky, I know, but...
The restaurant is pretty good. The food is good. When we went there on a late Sunday afternoon, the waiter seemed to be the only one working (except for the cook) -- and a bit overwhelmed. And it wasn't that crowded. Other times may be better, but the food is good.
By the way, there's no free continental breakfast at this hotel.
Overall, it's a very nice Holiday Inn in a great location with a decent price.
Perhaps next time, we'll stay at the Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away. It's also in a great location (but not as convenient to walk to UGA and downtown), has free breakfast and is a bit lower priced. But you would not go wrong staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Athens.

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank flymeawayyyyyy
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Here at the Holiday Inn we strive to provide the best lodging accommodations in the industry. You'll be happy to hear that we are already looking into new updated signage to better assist our guests. We hope to see you back in the future. If there is anything further I can do for you at this time please contact me directly. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a very good find for the price. The staff was very helpful at navigating through Athens and UGA. The room is very clean and the hotel is in a great location. There is a great music scene less than a mile away. The hotel is also super close to campus.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Elise M
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. Here at the Holiday Inn we strive to provide the best lodging accommodations in the industry. It is guests like you that help us reach that goal. If there is anything further I can do for you at this time please contact me directly. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

This hotel was fine, nothing special. It was an ideal location to see my daughter at UGA. I would return again. Overall clean, a little outdated but I don't care that much because I'm just sleeping there and gone all day.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TravelerNFoodie
Duncan S, Guest Service Rep at Holiday Inn Athens-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I'm glad to see that your stay was accomodating in all of the areas that you needed, but I am disappointed to see that we were unable to exceed your expectations during the stay. We look forward to your next stay, so we can have another opportunity to exceed!