“Still excellent”

Seabear Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 452 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The oysters are always excellent. Before 6:00 they are $1.50 each. We always get a lot of oysters when we are here. The wine we had was excellent. Then we shared a watermelon salad -- very good -- and each had a lobster roll. We were stuffed and happy. The server was very friendly, efficient, and helpful.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Seabear is by far the best seafood restaurant in the little college town of Athens, GA. Great atmosphere, reasonable prices, and, for those that enjoy oysters, a selection you want believe this far inland.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Happy hour with discounted oysters is a special occasion for me. Always a good variety of oysters!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have never had a bad visit to seabear! I love coming at happy hour and enjoying the 1.50 oysters. I always get the meatiest ones on the menu & they never disappoint! My husband really enjoyed the parker rolls and the watermelon Fresca with tequila. The lobster rolls are also amazing.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We found a seat at the bar among a crowd. Servers were friendly and attentive and the food we ordered was great. The Caesar salad had a hint of lemon and was the best I've ever had. We enjoyed two orders of mussels and a lobster roll. It was all very tasty. The drink menu is varied and the place is lively. The tab was pricey.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Seabear Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!