“a special occasion for me”
Review of Seabear Oyster Bar

Seabear Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 461 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Happy hour with discounted oysters is a special occasion for me. Always a good variety of oysters!!!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have never had a bad visit to seabear! I love coming at happy hour and enjoying the 1.50 oysters. I always get the meatiest ones on the menu & they never disappoint! My husband really enjoyed the parker rolls and the watermelon Fresca with tequila. The lobster rolls are also amazing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We found a seat at the bar among a crowd. Servers were friendly and attentive and the food we ordered was great. The Caesar salad had a hint of lemon and was the best I've ever had. We enjoyed two orders of mussels and a lobster roll. It was all very tasty. The drink menu is varied and the place is lively. The tab was pricey.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We ate here for appetizer and drinks, and it was really good! For us (in Athens), it was a bit on the expensive side, but it's good for date night.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were here while visiting son in Athens. We sat out on the patio since it was cooling down & not too humid. Our waitress was very friendly & efficient. We had a plate of 12 assorted oysters which averaged $3 each. If you get there during happy hour, 3 - 6 p.m. or from 10 p.m. - 12 a.m., they are half price. We're used to buck a shuck in MD so that was a bit of sticker shock. They were very tasty & it was nice to sample a variety, but some of them were small & not really worth $3 each. Spouse had a fried oyster po'boy which he said was fantastic., Son had Tybee Is. shrimp & grits & I had a snack sized lobster roll. All very delicious & reasonably priced. Great job on both potato sides. We all shared a slice of key lime pie & pecan chocolate pie- both excellent. Would definitely visit again when in the area.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Seabear Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!