“Graduation Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Went to have brunch with my niece before graduation. The table favorites were the Shrimp 'n Grits (not on the menu regularly) and Breakfast Burrito. Both dishes were great. I ordered the Crab Cakes Benedict and it was outstanding. It was served with a few small pieces of fruit for garnish and a spinach salad as a side. The atmosphere was enjoyable. I can only give a very good because of the slow service. 1 hour from the time we were seated until we were served and the restaurant was not packed. If you want drinks and long conversation before eating this is your place. Would go again for the Benedict and Shrimp. I wasn't able to take advantage of it this trip but they had an inviting Bloody Mary bar. Will return when I'm back in the area.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My husband loved his breakfast burrito. My chicken and waffles was great too. Oh, the beignets, yes! Love the dark atmosphere and all the chandeliers. We were there on a Sunday so the menu was limited. We were seated on the opposite end of the jazz music which was good because I don’t really like it to be too loud when I dine. Would love to come back on another day.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Starters with Fried green tomatoes were very good.

My wife and I had dinner and we ordered the seafood platter. Decent presentation, but the grouper had rancid taste to it. The shrimp was excellent taste, but cold, the crab cake was ordinary (we get better ones from Kroger), and the grouper was awful. W did politely mention this to the waitress and seemed to care just a little bit. She did not offer to take back and to top it off, did not even offer to compensate when we received the bill. We did not want to fuss, so we paid for the meal. They just lost our business going forward and we will be coming back for years as our kids are UGA students.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Visiting Athens for a show; stopped in to Five Bar with family and had a great meal. We knew nothing about the place but it looked good and seating was available. Great service, of course a pint of the local beer to start, excellent food. Can't complain at all and wished we had one of these near us in Atlanta.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Enjoyed dinner with family and friends. Numerous appetizers and entree choices. We enjoyed the fried chicken and salads. Bread Pudding for desert was delicious.