“One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in”

Candlewood Suites Athens-GA
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The room I was assigned was dirty (as in not cleaned from the last guest at all) when I arrived, had to get swapped.

Very noisy from hallway, bathtub with cracks. Sheets are very pilled and itchy.

Room appeared clean, but toilet seats and othed furniture need cleaning/replacement.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Stayed at the location from 9/27-9/28/17 for business. I requested to have my amenity points given to me. I did not receive them. I called on today, 10/10/2017 and spoke with Brittany. Very rude, was not any help. She said she was in training. All IHG employees should be taught to give points. She tried to tell me points are given after check-out.
Not true. If you stay, check your points.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LYNN S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Athens-GA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Hi LYNN S!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience! It's good to know from your ratings that you slept well while you're here. We just regret that there was an issue with your Welcome Bonus Points and the way it was handled.

This is certainly not how we want our guests to remember us. I sent you a private message to follow up on your concerns.

We appreciate you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope that you can give us another chance to make it up to you.

Many thanks,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This trip was a seven night stay as we were evacuating Florida for Hurricane Irma.

Check In - The agent who checked me in was very friendly. She explained the amenities of the hotel and was extremely helpful.

Room - The 2 queen bed studio suite was very nice. Extremely comfortable beds! There was a kitchen in the suite which was very convenient.

Food and Beverage- No restaurant on site, but the pantry offered lots of options.

Hotel Condition - Very good! This property is kept in great condition!

Overall Service- Excellent guest service! The manager was exceptionally friendly and the staff was first rate!

Overall - The manager kindly waived the pet fee because of the hurricane. He and his staff do a great job of making the guests feel welcome!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Had to wait 20 mins to check in. Desk person spent way too much time on 2 men that tried to use 2 different credit cards that were declined . I was not acknowledged while I stood there . After a short discussion I was givens refund. Walking back to my car I had to make my way thru several individuals some drinking others just hanging out ! I didnt feel safe !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I used to stay in Athens very frequently a few years ago. I had the opportunity to revisit recently and decided to stay at one of my go to hotels in the area. To my surprise the front desk receptionist remembered me from about three years ago.

The room was very clean and spacious. I love being able to have a full size fridge in the room; this is a great bonus.

This short stay brought back some fond memories of this great city. I hope I get a chance to come back again someday

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business