See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 June 2016

let me star saying that the staff is good , but , in their advertising say has a casino , that is the only reason i choose it and also because is close to the us embassy , but when we got there , they told us the casino has been closed since 2 years ago . very disapointed , also the room was facing the street and is busy all time you can heard horn all day all night we could sleep well at all ,. also the pool is not heated and was dirty and discosting . the brekfast was ok but not great , i will never go again to this hotel , never ever again

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank josephrinaldi01
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Hotel Excelsior is located what consider downtown Tegucigalpa on a small hilly crowded, busy street. The service at the hotel is excellent. The hotel provides a daily breakfast which is adequate and it's free. Everyone was very helpful, the bellman, front desk to the security guard in the parking garage. Let me tell you, there's security guard there at all time that opens and close the big iron gate that protects your vehicle.. I know this because some nights I arrived back to the hotel at early morning hours. The hotel inside could be updated but I love the look of the dark grain of wood everywhere. My room was huge with a nice flat screen and cute sitting area. The down fall is, there's no casino and the water pressure sucks when you're showering.

Room Tip: I was given the executive suite and it's huge with an extra room with flat TV and a bathroom that 's as big as a bedroom.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2015

What can i say. The staff, management, and everyone here changed my perception of Honduras. The room had a cozy feel and it was very spacious. I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Tegucigalpa.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was for business and I needed a hotel in the middle of everything. So the Excelsior was perfect for my travel. The desk front is big and the personal are very helpful for direction and information about Honduras. The room was very clean and comfortable include the bathroom. I always look up for a pool, so this one in particular was nice, short in size (14 meters), but enough for swimming all nights and been relaxed for bed. The only thing is not so good is the neighborhood, because is nearly downtown. But if you don’t need to walk by yourself is ok. Take care.

Room Tip: I preferred a king size bed, and was perfect! Maybe the top rooms are more quietly (for the traffic)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sierrita
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The most disappointing hotel amongst 12 in a summer Central American tour! ]
Where to start? Dark and gloomy = yes. Heated pool = not heated. Tea & coffee in room = not. Order drinks by the pool = no. One combined bill for food and drink in restaurant = no. Able to pay by credit card = yes, but the receptionist expects you to give him your PIN = no. English speaking = no (not that I hold that against anywhere, but you should be aware).
The rooms were pleasant enough, and once you got the hang of a different wifi connect in the lobby compared with the rooms, that worked too.
This could have been so much better

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family