Hotel Plaza del Libertador
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Aparthotel ROS(Tegucigalpa)
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2014

My wife and I booked the Presidential Suite. The TV was not working. It took almost 3 hours and 6 calls to the front desk until they finally replaced the TV. This would not be the worst, night-time came and who knew that the bar with very loud music was just above our Suite and we did not relax. Could not enjoy our very large patio until the party in the bar was over. We were able to fall asleep around 4 am. I tried to speak to the Manager and he told me that that night there was a scheduled party. So I tired to negotiate a free night with no scheduled parties in the bar and the manager told me no. So I wanted a refund and again, no. I would never return or recommend.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at El Libertador for a conference and was impressed. Rooms are pleasant and scrupulously clean, with kingsize beds, nice bathrooms and good decor. In fact, the whole hotel is nicely decorated, with good art and lighting.
A full breakfast is included and was very good - off the menu one day and an excellent buffet two other days, with a couple of kinds of eggs, potatoes, ham or sausage, French toast, (beans of course), toast, juice and fruit.
Good free Wifi and access to an excellent gym and the pool in the sister property across the street.
The staff were friendly and helpful, and there would be no problems if you need to speak English.
The location is great. Plaza San Martin is a pleasant block around a small garden with several hotels. It's secure enough that you can walk around the immediate area at night, a rarity in Tegucigalpa, with several restaurants to choose from, including very good Thai and Italian places.
Rooms at the back have very nice views over the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, on a higher floor.
Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's very centrally located and the immediate neighborhood boasts three other mid - upper range hotels. Service at Libertador was very good, room was fine, nice balcony w/ views out over the city. Breakfasts which is included in rate was quite decent and service in the restaurant was very good. I received a corporate rate of $87 dbl incl taxes and breakfasts, which I thought was fair considering the quality and service offered. Although this is not the Intercontinental or Marriott, Libertador did the job w/ even a bit of style thrown in for good measure. The hotel General next door is under the same ownership and quality rates are the same, so if one is booked, the other will do the job just fine. Two thumbs up from this long time expat residing in Honduras. Now if they could just get the neighboring businesses to renovate and upgrade their properties, putting in boutiques, cafes, restaurants, etc, then the Parque San Martin neighborhood where Libertador is located would really be a winner!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I have stayed in Leslie's Place, across the street, which i preferred for its friendly and homey atmosphere, but it closed, and a colleague made a reservation here at a good (about half of what is published) price. Rooms are clean and have good bathrooms but horrible water pressure; beds comfortable, nice balcony and really nice view. from the back side of the hotel. A quiet and tranquil location except from 11pm to 2am on Thu, Fri, and Sat when the most appalling music from the club next door shakes the street with its vibrations. Service is variable, sometimes very helpful and friendly, but sometimes it seems you have to wait to get attention. Restaurant in the hotel is serviceable; i was here for work and was glad to have a place right downstairs (and another right across the street). There is a gym at the hotel across the street and a swimming pool at a nearby hotel that is available to the public for a small charge. I haven't used either one. Rather weak and irregular internet access by wi fi, but the hotel provides a cable for internet access which so far has worked fine. Not sure I would recommend it at full price, but the neighborhood is safe and the place is basically fine. I'll probably stay here again, as we use the hotel's small conference room for meetings, and it's very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2011

My husband and I had a little business in Honduras. We have never been but have traveld quite a bit. The service has been some of the worse I have ever experience. The cost was also extremely high for the quality. We got sick after eating breakfast at the restaurant and the people who work there are very very rude. We are checking out today. Very happy never to have to come back here!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business