See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's very centrally located and the immediate neighborhood boasts three other mid - upper range hotels. Service at Libertador was very good, room was fine, nice balcony w/ views out over the city. Breakfasts which is included in rate was quite decent and service in the restaurant was very good. I received a corporate rate of $87 dbl incl taxes and breakfasts, which I thought was fair considering the quality and service offered. Although this is not the Intercontinental or Marriott, Libertador did the job w/ even a bit of style thrown in for good measure. The hotel General next door is under the same ownership and quality rates are the same, so if one is booked, the other will do the job just fine. Two thumbs up from this long time expat residing in Honduras. Now if they could just get the neighboring businesses to renovate and upgrade their properties, putting in boutiques, cafes, restaurants, etc, then the Parque San Martin neighborhood where Libertador is located would really be a winner!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I have stayed in Leslie's Place, across the street, which i preferred for its friendly and homey atmosphere, but it closed, and a colleague made a reservation here at a good (about half of what is published) price. Rooms are clean and have good bathrooms but horrible water pressure; beds comfortable, nice balcony and really nice view. from the back side of the hotel. A quiet and tranquil location except from 11pm to 2am on Thu, Fri, and Sat when the most appalling music from the club next door shakes the street with its vibrations. Service is variable, sometimes very helpful and friendly, but sometimes it seems you have to wait to get attention. Restaurant in the hotel is serviceable; i was here for work and was glad to have a place right downstairs (and another right across the street). There is a gym at the hotel across the street and a swimming pool at a nearby hotel that is available to the public for a small charge. I haven't used either one. Rather weak and irregular internet access by wi fi, but the hotel provides a cable for internet access which so far has worked fine. Not sure I would recommend it at full price, but the neighborhood is safe and the place is basically fine. I'll probably stay here again, as we use the hotel's small conference room for meetings, and it's very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2011

My husband and I had a little business in Honduras. We have never been but have traveld quite a bit. The service has been some of the worse I have ever experience. The cost was also extremely high for the quality. We got sick after eating breakfast at the restaurant and the people who work there are very very rude. We are checking out today. Very happy never to have to come back here!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Flexnit
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Early this year I was staying in the presidential suit of Plaza Del Libertador hotel and it was excellent. I didn't know what to expect really as I've never been in Honduras before. I booked the suit through a web site called easy click travel for a surprising price- less than 90$ so I thought it is probably better not to expect much for this price but the truth is it was wonderful, I had no complains at all. My room had everything one could wish for: internet, TV and even refrigerator. True, the hotel is not too pretty, old fashion I would say but there is something charming about it after all. I say as long as it is clean, and indeed it was, it's fine with me.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goodpoint10
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This was my favorite hotel to stay (2006, 2007), however the hotel now is part of the Plaza San Martin hotel group, meaning the prices of the hotel, restuarant etc. skyrocketed...there is nobody to see around, the hotels are empty...I though it was the earthquake, but I asked and it is been like this for a while.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends