See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

This is a really nice mid priced small hotel in a safe part of the city. A converted house of a former president, it is perched on top of a quiet hill overlooking the city. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable and thoughtfully decorated with local art. And the staff truly bent over backwards to arrange everything for us, including a car from the airport. We were able to use the hotel as a home base as we traveled around honduras for a couple of weeks. Very relaxed, hospitable and informal. Highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, big comfortable clean rooms and most of all safe... I travel a lot back and forth between the states, and I was a bit optimistic seeing the price not knowing what I was getting myself into but once I checked in I knew I found myself a home ...give this place a shot and visit the restaurant the cook is friendly wonderful and funny..

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marco w
Reviewed 20 April 2016

An interesting place in a rather nice residential neighborhood of Tegus. The President House Hotel has single, double, and triple rooms, as well as a new dorm room (which was occupied by a school group from the US on a mission trip during my stay). My room was nice, but dark, with little natural light. Hotel restaurant cooks up excellent meals. Breakfasts are made to order when there are fewer guests, more buffet style when there are more.

The owner, Gabriel, knows a lot about tourism in Honduras and can be a valuable source of information. He made excellent recommendations for hotels in Copan and Tela.

One drawback of hotel is its location, which is on a steep hillside well away from the city center. If you don't have your own car, you'll have to rely on taxis (which while not expensive don't always know where the hotel is). To do anything on foot, requires a steep climb down (and then back up) the hill to a rather uninspired commercial strip.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2015

We were booked at another hotel in town and when we arrived, they quickly shuttled us to this hotel because they were overbooked. At first we were very concerned, since I had spent a lot of time trying to find a safe, affordable and convenient hotel to the airport. This hotel was definitely not a down grade. The rooms were very nice, spacious and full of closets and outlets--first we had experienced like this in awhile. The staff was friendly, the hotel restaurant was wonderful and the taxi they arranged for us got us to the airport with no issues. The hotel was not in the location I had first selected, but our safety was never of concern as there is plenty of security. Our biggest suprises? Gabriel, the owner, speaks wonderful English and arranged for laundry to be done late in the evening and bought us a drink on the house (their special, you should definitely try it). Thank you Gabriel, you made a huge difference for two Kansas girls a little out of their element!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charm2
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Everything was OK until a member of the staff came inside our room by accident to show it to other persons; apparently administration didn't updated the ckeckin information and thought it was empty. We were really mad because they almost caught me coming out of the bathroom!

• Stayed: January 2015