All reviews place to stay great service katherine neighborhood city receptionist business
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel online, one room for my husband and me, it was a good deal. We were surprised by the size of the bed, extremely small, suitable for a single person. We asked for a larger bed, the staff was rude and told us that we got what we asked for, the lady made a remark about the price plus taxes... Still thinking why... Very disappointed... I come every week to this city and cannot believe how they treat a customer. I guess we are going to have a extremely uncomfortable stay trying to fit in this bed...

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank MardelSol4220
Reviewed 17 May 2017

When I began traveling to Tegucigalpa more frequently, I was looking for a hotel that was clean, safe, hospitable, and in a good location. I tried a few different hotels in Teguc before I finally landed at Aparthotel Guijarros. I found everything I was looking for and more!

Finding the hotel was somewhat easy as its in the center of town off a main road. You must go through a guard post and the guard will direct you where to go if you ask.

From the moment I pulled up to the hotel, the friendly guard directed me where to park, asked my name, and escorted me into the building. The front foyer is small but also comfortable.

Melissa, the front desk attendant greeted me and made me feel welcome immediately. With a huge smile and a friendly presence, I knew that Guijarros was going to be a good place to stay (though I had not see the rooms or the pool yet).

I checked in, filled out the paperwork, and she showed me to my room. There are about 4 stories in the building so if you are higher to the top, it can be a work out. Unfortunately, there is no elevator so be conscious of that when you decide to go there. You might consider requesting a room that is closer to the main level if stairs are an issue for you.

The room was bright, well decorated, and a good size. The bathroom was clean, towels were clean, and the bed was made well. The air conditioning works well and the TV has a good amount of channels.

The pool in on the basement level and is awesome. It's clean, good temperature, and bright. Make sure to bring sun screen if you aren't in the sun regularly (I made that mistake). I forgot sun screen my first visit there and asked Melissa about it. She called one of the workers who was at the super market at the time. The hotel offered to buy the sun screen for me and bring it to me (and charge my account). I was pleasantly surprised at that level of service.

Breakfast in the morning is amazing. I choose to eat next to the pool every morning and it is usually quiet. They provide different meats and juices in the morning. If you want, they will even make fresh eggs for you the way you want them cooked. The kitchen staff is very warm and friendly. The coffee is super strong so it definitely gives a good kick in the morning.

One morning while I was eating breakfast a little late, one of the maids came to me at the pool and asked if they could clean my room. I agreed and was so appreciative that they asked.

A few other details. The wifi is great. The business center is small but functional. The gym is small but also functional. One time when I stayed there, I rented the entire apartment portion that has a living room, dining room, and kitchen. I made dinner and cake. It is spacious and has all that you need to cook.

Guijarros is more than a hotel. It's family. There aren't a lot of rooms so they staff take personal care of you. The price is great and the quality is amazing.

I highly recommend Guijarros to you! It's home away from home.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
alejandra C, Gerente at Aparthotel Guijarros, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Guest, thank very much for your good comments about our Aparthotel and our personnel. For Aparthotel Guijarros, is a pleasure to serve our guest and make them feel at home: "It's home away from home"
We hope to have you again with us in a near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

This is a really great place to stay if you go to Tegucigalpa for a short visit, highly recommended. The bed is so confortable and the breakfast is delicious. The price is fair for the quality of the services. The pool is great and the gym is good enough.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
AparthotelGuijarros, Gerente at Aparthotel Guijarros, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel, our services and we hope you visit us again and that you find different services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is a great place to stay, I have stayed there several times. It is like having your own apartment. It is not in the center of town so you need transportation. The owner is so accommodating. I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2015
alejandra C, Propietario at Aparthotel Guijarros, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you so much for your opinion. Your opinion is very rewarding, and makes the Aparthotel family continue attending our guests with excelence and warmth.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

As soon as I arrived at Aparthotel Guijarros I was greeted with a big welcoming smile by Ivana at the front desk, that set the tone for the rest of the week.

The apartment was beautiful, spacious and very clean, the AC worked great especially on those very hot days, the bedrooms were spacious and each one had an attached bathroom, it had a beautifully decorated, it had a living room and dining room area with a full kitchen which was great because I love to cook and entertain friends and family,

Mariluz and the rest of the cleaning staff were great, they offered to do our laundry and kept the place immaculate every day.

The Kitchen staff were great, the food was delicious and fresh. If you wanted something in particular they would make it for you on the spot, we left full and satisfied every time.

Alfredo the security guard was amazing too, the entire staff was very attentive, courteous and respectful at all times.

We take a family trip to Honduras every year and we have stayed a various hotels but The Aparthotel Guijarros has become one of my favorite places to stay because of its privacy and family atmosphere.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
alejandra C, Propietario at Aparthotel Guijarros, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

We are so glad that you had a welcoming stay. We thank you for your preference and hope you return to Honduras and visit us again.