All reviews central park bed was comfortable an older hotel pool area coffee maker next morning rooms are clean cathedral city elevator mall
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was my first llexperience in the city and I had a nice stay. Pluses: very comfortable beds with of space!, delicious breakfast, elevators, extremely helpful and friendly staff, nice views of the cathedral, in the midst of the action if you like to see the happenings of the city. Minuses: broken showerhead in one room, very loud at night during celebrations across from the cathedral.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2018

the room was clean, nice, tv, coffee maker, nice view, dinning and lunch was good, bar is also nice, good people, nice location, downtown, San Pedro Sula, workers,and the office, very helpfull, no complain,

Room Tip: second, and third floor very good in front of main street.....nice view...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We came in on the bus in the afternoon, stayed one night and left for the airport the next morning. It was great for us for a stop over. It was fun to be on the Parque Central, we could relax and watch the scene from our nice little balcony, and there is an interesting down town shopping mall right across the park with good, quick, inexpensive food choices. There is also a restaurant and bar in the hotel with indoor and outdoor tables. It’s not a US style luxury hotel but it’s clean, solid and comfortable and as such a good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the very centre of San Pedro Sula, and feels very safe due to entrance and lobby being guarded by security staff. Plenty to do in the hotel, as there is a restaurant which has seating indoors and outside and is very affordable, there is also a pool and plenty of conference rooms. The bedrooms are large with comfortable beds, tables, chairs, spacious ensuites and decent sized balconies. Rooms feel very safe as they are high above ground level and watching the green square in the evenings/mornings is a lovely way to wake up. Would definitely recommend this hotel as staff were more than happy to help with whatever we needed and made our stay very enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I arrived at the Gran Hotel Sula in the middle of the night and was met by staff who checked me in and were helpful and polite, no matter how late I was in arriving. This is a beautiful hotel, but in the Honduran traditions, not American. Only Spanish is spoken here, but staff can speak English if you need help. My room was large and well-outfitted. It had a big balcony with comfortable seating. The hotel has its own well, so I could even drink the tap water -- a luxury in a foreign country. The on-site restaurant had good food at excellent prices and the wait staff were friendly and efficient. There is a small shop downstairs near the front entrance that stocks a few essentials if you forgot something, as well as small souvenirs. There is a perfume shop also. Guests can use the comfortable living room area in the lobby. There is wifi. My phone worked just fine, although service goes out occasionally and you must be patient and wait for it to return. It was never out for very long. My maid was great and kept my room clean and neat. The hotel has armed guards 24 hours a day and I always felt safe there, even though I came the weekend after the highly-contested presidential election and there were demonstrations in the streets and violence going on outside. Marshall Law was enacted during my stay and I could not leave the hotel in the evenings after 6 p.m. But I felt protected and safe inside the hotel walls. All in all, it was a fabulous vacation and I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: November 2017