“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of La Palapa - Bar

La Palapa - Bar
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in La Ceiba
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We loved the fish soup and the fried fish. The anafre was also good, Service is friendly and quick. Decor is OK, too bad for the ever-present TV screens everywhere, but this is just because I don't like watching TV while eating.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located just across the street from the Quinta Real Hotel. I ordered the grilled shrimp and came back the next night to order the same thing. The potions are a little awkward. The dish was just a little too small to share but also a lot of food for one person to eat alone. Good service and our waiters both times didn’t speak English (which is fine but just giving you a heads up). There was a show each night we went to La Palapa! One night was a drag show and the other was just a band. My white husband and his Honduran friend both got patted down at the door. I saw a review on here that it is only black men, but that wasn’t my experience.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurants security only monitors and “pats down” Black Men. It’s unfortunate to report this, but on two occasions dressed professionally then casually, I was subject to search when white and Latin colleagues were not. Outright prejudice like that was embarrassing. This is obviously an issue with management and local perception. I am a black foreigner and even in my own country where there exists strained relations between groups, I’ve never had this experience. I had to come down to La Ceiba to experience such disappointing behavior.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food , great service. No complaints but parking can be little tricky at times when busy. Overall a must visit ... great steak

2  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Wow! I've been here a few times now and all I can order is the seafood soup! Fresh and delicious, every time. Good prices and a great place to catch a game on the big screen (not a bad seat in the house).

3  Thank CW I