“Beautiful place! Right on the beach!”

La Delphina Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
Ranked #16 of 67 Restaurants in La Ceiba
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A small hotel on the Beach like a Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Wow what a beautiful place! Located just outside of la ceiba off the beaten track and it couldn’t be any closer to the beach!

The room was spacious and the bathroom had a big walk in shower, my room was cleaned everyday and left with fresh toiletries and towels. Flat screen tv and air conditioning and a coffee maker also in the room. The swimming pool was nice and right in front of the bar!

The food was great! So much so that locals would often come to this place for food and drinks at the weekends!

As for the owner Richard he went above and beyond to make my stay a fabulous one..from arranging my pick up to and from the airport with no hassle, giving me lifts on my first couple of days to where I needed to go, and helping me get a motor-taxi when I needed it! Also when I would get back to the hotel at mid day! He would have fresh coconuts cut from the tree for me and he even made me some fresh noni juice which he had picked and made from his own tree! A great guy who I now consider as a good friend!

The hammock dec was the best! Especially to chill and watch the sunrise and sunset!

Thank you Richard! I’m truly grateful for all the help and making my stay fabulous
Ian

Date of visit: September 2018
main5878, Owner at La Delphina Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

may God bless you and good luck on dream , GO FOR IT .

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This place is a nice little walk (safe) from the Palma Real Beach. Good food and friendly service. It has a great seating area right next to the beach and plenty of room for the entire family. Sit and enjoy the view while the kids swim in the warm, clean pool.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank CW I
Reviewed 7 August 2017

They have something for everyone. When we first saw the menu, we thought that there wqas no way that this little place could prepare such a variety of dishes. Night after night, they proved us wrong.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Esldiver
Reviewed 12 March 2017

we walked here from the Palma Real resort, 6 couples, short walk across the river, (crossing shallow) had drinks, and then we asked the owner ,Richard, where we could get lobster, he took deposits from us and we returned the next day for our lobster dinner, it was very good, thank you Richard for a great lobster and fun time, the lobster was well worth the price and walk there

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank welovestotravel2
main5878, Owner at La Delphina Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

thank you for the fun time, had a good time

Reviewed 25 August 2016

so to be honest i was kind of excited about staying here... till we drove there... i LOVE sambo creek. i am used to it... but this hotel is NOT in a good place and it just didnt look like the pictures. on top of that they lost my reservation. there was not a sing;e person staying there and there was little half way finished work everywhere. for the money i wouldnt stay but thats me. go to las hamacas instead. or palma real is you have money to blow :)

Date of visit: August 2016
main5878, Owner at La Delphina Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

I think you was taking to the wrong hotel , you never enter the hotel, and the man how gave you a ride wanted to see your room and we do not give your information, but reservation was here, we was waiting for you to come in we told him to have come what happing to you is a scam that the taxis do the driver took from the hot spring took you to anther hotel , the hamacas were he gets a commission. you call three times and we try to call you back , this is what I tell all my guest. Hi, I'm the owner of a hotel in Honduras, La Ceiba, La Delphina Bed and breakfast Bar and Grill hotel. I'm here to inform you of a scam that going on in La Ceiba with the taxis. Some hotel, hostels are paying commission to the taxis to take you to their hotel. What happens that once you get off the bus, ferry or airport they rush and take your bags and next thing it's in a taxis, then they tell you how dangerous it is, that it’s far from where you’re going take you to a hotel that pay them commission, The taxis charge so when you find out that you’re at the wrong Hotel you have to pay for another taxis to take you to right hotel. The hotel is in the scam, they tell you that you are the right place and if not they will give you a better price then the hotel you reserved so you pay twice. The hotel you reserved and the new hotel. A perfect example, you make a reservation at the hotel La Delphina bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill one of best hotel in La Ceiba, we don't pay commission. Our good service is all we need. Then the taxis will try to take you to hotel like Delfin sound like it, but it not, make sure you tell them, la Delphina, the other hotel will try to tell you that you are at the right place, and they will give you better price so before you move and get into the taxis make sure he or she knows where they going and how much $15.00 or 300 LP from anywhere in La Ceiba to La Delphina make sure before he or she moves, that the you everything work out before you get in the taxis the price if not get another taxis. Call or email the hotel and let them know you need a taxis or a ride most hotel have their bus or taxis that will pick you up. For La Delphina 504-9936-7715 or email at ladelphina@hotmail.com. We have our own taxis that work for the Hotel, we will pick you up from San Pedro Sula or any ware in La Ceiba.