See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I was forced to stay in La Cieba due to an eye injury for three weeks and stayed in this hotel. It is in a very handy location close to beach and city centre. Hotel is full of character, extremely clean, has an amazing rooftop terrace but most importantly owners Don Carlos and Jennifer live there and they make sure you are well looked after. Don Carlos did everything for me from taking me to clinic, supermarket, ATM, buying my medication and later even to picnic with his family. We had many evening up in the terrace having a beer or two and Don Carlos cooked pizza or finger foods. I am so grateful to them. If you are looking for a very clean, affordable hotel that feels like home, this is the place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

It is my second time in La Ceiba and also staying in this hotel and once again I loved it! Delicious typical breakfast, lovely terrace, clean and great service. Totally recomment it! Decoration is also quite nice

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Was my first experience traveling to Honduras. The hospitality at Hotel Casa De Espana was very homely. We were treated with utmost care and respect! The manager Mr. Carlos took us around town and showed us different areas to experience, we also visited the hot spring and enjoyed a mud bath. The hot spring is a MUST for first-time visitors. We visit Cayos Cochinos and enjoyed the beautiful islands. Breathtaking!!!

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 8 April 2017

We arrived at the hotel and to our horror, there were prostitutes right on the side of the entrance. one, a pregnant prositute and the other a male drag prostitute who approached me and my husband offering their services. On the other side of the entrance is a commonplace market, very noisy., crowded and dirty place. Needless to say,we went in, got out. I started crying and begged my husband to please take me away from there Found another hotel in another area in front of the beach and stayed there. We Lost the money we had paid in advance for the reservation but We won't stay in a place that looks more like a apy by the hour motel than a Hotel. I give it zero stars and recommend you stay away from it!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paola Z
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

To compare my experience with the other reviews seems almost comical.

For some reason, I was given a key to my room - this caused me confusion once I had arrived at my room as the door didn't actually shut so I couldn't actually lock it. I brushed this over and went for the shower to cleanse myself after a long day of shuttling to find the bathroom light didn't work. Ah well, I'll have to cope. Turn the shower on to produce a cold dribble.

To top it all off, when I crashed on my bed at the end of the night I focussed in on three little treats of mouse poo on my bedside table.

Lovely social areas though. The dining room on the top floor is very well furnished. Only wish a little more upkeep on the rooms.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo