See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

The area is about 20 minute drive (about USD20 by taxi) out of La Ceiba, right on the beach. It was meditative watching the waves in the morning and I loved my afternoon at the Sambo Creek Garifuna Village 10 walk away.

However, I was the only guest and it was hauntingly quiet. Unlike what is said on tripadvisor, there was no hot water, no wifi and no activities that you can arrange. I was pretty much left to the domestic help with little explanation about my surroundings and other essentials (eg general arrangements such as when the help arrives in the morning to make breakfast). Food is expensive, I was charged USD15 for lunch which was grilled fish and baked potato on the patio.

It's not a bad place but it would help having your own vehicle and be prepared to arrange your own activities and to explore the area on your own.

Also check out Hotel Helens 2 doors away that is significantly cheaper and has a full service bar and restaurant, and a very helpful bartender who offered to arrange activities for me.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank RavneetK2
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Propietario at Paradise Found, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

We take all our reviews seriously, thank you for yours. When you stayed here, Paradise Found was closed, only open to friends and family. Sorry you were alone at the resort. We closed due to health reasons w/my wife. I was cheffing out on Cayos Cochinos at the time.

Cheers,

Dante´

Reviewed 22 February 2015

During our stay in Honduras, we heard a lot of great things about Dante and Paradise Found. We had to discover for ourselves. We showed up on the beach, unannounced and were greeted with great hospitality, can't wait to get back and spend more time with Dante and Kristina. From here on out, we will always include the Paradise Found experience to the Honduras adventure package.

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I was looking for a restaurant that may have some form of tofu and would accommodate a vegetarian husband - he gets tired of just plain stirfry and pasta with veggies. So I came across Paradise Found... and since it is a little awkward to get to, I was pleased we actually did find it - and in the dark too. What a treat to be offered some fall-off-the-bone ribs with a delicious BBQ sauce which included excellent local honey, plus a baked potato and massive salad. Hubbysan got his vegetarian food and rated it quite high. We shared the salad which was prepared with 25 yr old balsamic vinegar! Not everyone gets that treat but I'm thankful we got to partake of it. That has to have been one of the best salads I've had in this entire country. Thank you Dante and Kristen, we will be back!

Room Tip: We didn't stay there, only ate at the restaurant which was excellent!
Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlene M
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Glad you enjoyed the Vegetarian plate and Hydroponic Salads! Looking forward to next time......appreciate taking the time to write this wonderful review.....

Ciao,

Dante´

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at Paradise Found for 2 nights and loved it. Great location and fantastic hosts - Dante and Kristina went out of their way to make us welcome and could not do enough for us in terms of advice, information and hospitality. Haven´t had such a good laugh with hosts in 6 months of travel! Go - you won´t regret it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Glad you two had a great time staying with us. Thanks so much for the great review!

All the Best,

Dante´& Kristin

Reviewed 23 March 2014

While travelling in Honduras for a month we spent 2 nights at this B&B and wished we could have stayed longer.This is an exceptional location,right on sea and you can hear the waves crashing in all night.Dante and Kristin are great and entertaining hosts,lots of laughs for sure.Dante arranged a trip for us to cayos cochinos and this was an exceptional value(great snorkling).There are a lot of day trips that can be done from here including white water rafting,fishing charters,hot springs/canopy zip line tour,so you can easily spend a few days here and we were very sorry we couldn't stay longer.Dante"s the chef and a good one he is and the value is really great.These owners go out of their way to make sure your sray is a great one,If your planning to be near La Ceiba don't miss going here.

Room Tip: Choose either room # 1 or 2 they are larger and better than the 2 smaller rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ParadiseFoundLaCeiba, Owner at Paradise Found, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank You for the excellent review. We LOVE it when people say so many things about all the activities available within minutes of our hotel. Looking forward to your return!

Cheers,