All reviews stayed here carlos reception utila bed ferry
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Room: We had a AC room for 20usd$, (free water too!) with private bathroom, clean.. the lady at the reception was really helpful and it was much appreciated.
Activity: We did the hike with them, personally it doesn't worth 25$ but still was an amazing 3 hours. from what I get, there's a long hike and the short one... it should be 2 different price I think :)

Overall experience: amazing!
They brought us to the peer for free* how amazing! Thank you very much for this wonderful stay!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great family owned hostel. Free AC and comfy double beds included w our price. Family owners were super nice and offered us a bargain on the Utila ferry. Will stay here again on my way back from Utila!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Valerie C
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Perfect for a stop over in La Ceiba. We were let down when we booked 1877 hostel which, when we turned up, didn’t exist any more (!) We headed here instead and they were life saving - giving us not only a bed for the night but loads of info. Beds were comfy (we got a double each!) and it had good WiFi.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank e3couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My experience is unique rafting and hiking in Rio Cangrejal.
They gave me a package that included Rafting and Hiking Accommodation that was quoted on Omega tours and they were giving it to me at twice the cost.
the place is amazing beautiful.
Joseph's attention is always slow to help.
I recommend The baleadas of the park are delicious.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2018

This review is more about the shuttle service run by this hostel.

Came to La Ceiba on the afternoon ferry from Utila and was picked up by their cab and taken to their hostel. Paid for a shuttle to Leon scheduled at 9:00 the next morning.

At 8:40 in the morning I asked if everything was good for the shuttle and they said "Oh no, sorry, the van is broken. You can go tomorrow and stay here for free one extra night."

Very uninterested in staying another night in La Ceiba, I immediately messaged another shuttle company on Whatsapp and had a shuttle scheduled to pick me up by 9:15.

It took about 15 minutes of arguing with the manager at the hostel to get a refund for the shuttle. He only relented once I got frustrated enough to start cursing. He even offered to pay me back AND drive me on the shuttle the next day if only I'd go with them, probably afraid of a bad review. Not interested in staying another night I went with another company.

I wouldn't even have bothered writing a review if not for the fact that I've since found out that these guys only have one shuttle bus, and other people took their shuttle from La Ceiba to Copan on that very same day. It was all a lie because they'd double booked it which I'm told is a regular occurrence. The other shuttle company I went with also confirmed hearing many stories similar to mine.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Joseph Alexande... C, Gerente at Hotel Guacamayos Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

good afternoon thank you very much for your comment this will make me work more to give a better service. I have always said that every day I will learn more, I am happy my place (hostel) I started it in my house renting a single room. Nowadays the hostel is for 60 people that means we have advanced. I apologize sometimes only we know everything that costs us and what we suffer with the big companies that boycott us and look every day to put their foot in our head. but with humility the next time I promise rafting and free hosting. and I wish you luck in your trip, I only ask you to look around you and do not let yourself be deceived do what is right.