“Nice Hotel with a Great Location”
Review of Hotel Camino Maya

Hotel Camino Maya
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Copan Ruinas
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I stayed here on my third trip to Copan Ruinas. On previous trips I stayed at Hotel Marina Copan but Camino Maya is not as expensive and was all I required. It's right on the town plaza so you're right in the heart of things. It can get a little noisy at night but with the a/c running, I slept just fine. There's a small restaurant and a bar inside the hotel. Several restaurants are within walking distance and a few safe bank ATMs are within a block or two. I used a guide at the ruins on my first trip to Copan. He is a family man and speaks fluent English. I've spent time with him and his family on all my return trips. I can provide his contact information if desired.
I had a pleasant stay in Copan Ruinas and I recommend the Hotel Camino Maya.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We had a suite. The rooms, the bed, the view were incredible. I'm sure that the only reason it exists is for people visiting the ruins, but what a place. The food, the bar, the pool, and the ambiance added to the experience.

Room Tip: If you are there on a Saturday night, bring earplugs. If there is a dance in the Plaza, you might...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017

A buddy and I got the room with 2 beds for one night for $85, which included an awesome breakfast. All the rooms face inward to a patio which is a lush garden of exotic plants from the first floor to the third. The a/c worked great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking is about a block away. They give you a key and you unlock the gate and park yourself. The place was so quiet I wondered if there were any other guests but at breakfast we continued to see many others trickling in. Quiet is great! NO party animals here. The side facing the central park has a balcony with benches and has a great birds-eye view of the whole park. We sat there an hour watching the crowds go by as a nice cool breeze kept everything really pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2017

The hotel is right on the Central Plaza and the second floor balconies have nice views of the town. The rooms are around a sun lit narrow courtyard filled with plants and flowers. They are very nicely decorated and well equipped. Our double bed room had two chairs and a table, small desk with chair and a wardrobe. There was a coffee maker, ice bucket (ice and bottled water available on each floor), iron & ironing board, hair dryer, cups & glasses. The bathroom had a large tiled shower and toiletries. This was much more than we usually find in Central America for this price. The staff was plesant and helpful. The breakfast was good and there were lots of choices - and included in the room price. There was WIFI. We'd come again! Oh - air conditioning too!

Room Tip: Rooms with outside windows are noisier but more private and brighter. The inside rooms face on the c...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel overlooks the central park and is lovely inside with an open garden courtyard. The staff were amazingly friendly and joyful which is rare. They also booked us a shuttle which was much cheaper than the Hedman Alas bus and it picked us up at the front door of the hotel. We walked very easily to the ruins from the hotel as well. Our room was great and fully supplied with all the amenities. And there is also a yummy free breakfast included that has about 6 options. I'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
#15 of 21 in Copan Ruinas
Hotel Brisas de Copan
Hotel Brisas de Copan
#10 of 21 in Copan Ruinas

Been to Hotel Camino Maya? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Camino Maya

Address: Barrio el Centro, across from Central Park | Copán Ruinas, Copan Ruinas, Honduras
Region: Honduras > Copan Department > Copan Ruinas
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Copan Ruinas
Price Range: €60 - €78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Camino Maya 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Camino Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.