Review Highlights

Must do in Copan

Reviewed 11 March 2018
Elvira S
Saint Louis, Missouri

All reviews coffee berries seed harvest processing plantation
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2019

It was an amazing experience ! the Coffee from honduras it's really the best one; I taste a lot of kind of coffee around the word and I can say that my favorite it's from Honduras

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 11 March 2018

It was nice to learn how they grow and process coffee. The tour was informative and entertaining. We got to see some people working on coffee plantations. They were collecting coffee cherries. At the end we learned how to differentiate between good and bad coffee(as a result had to through away coffee at home), and of course have some coffee and great lunch!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This was meant to be a coffee plantation tour. Our tour bus pick us up at our hotel at 2:00 and brought us to Welchez plant and we did not arrived until after 2:45, After waiting another 15 minutes for more participants to arrive, we finally got the tour started. Although the tour up the path to the coffee plants and through the rain forest was nice, it had to be done in English and then repeated in Spanish which caused that part of the tour to be much longer and bring us passed the normal time for this part of the tour.. When we completed the meal and walked back down, we had missed seeing the plantation at work, did not get to try different coffees nor were we able to purchase coffee as when we walked back down after our meal everything was closed down for the day. Definitely not worth $35 and I can't even tell you that I liked the coffee as I did not have any! They need to start the afternoon tours earlier and ensure that the customers get the full experience.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We did the Welchez's Coffee Tour on Feb 17. The guide was so knowledgeable and we were so impressed with the 1.5 hour hike and tour. Not only did we have a beautiful hike, we saw butterflies and learned a lot about coffee. We happened to be there when a film crew was getting footage of the coffee farm, and the folks there asked if we minded if they joined us, which we didn't, it added to the experience, but it was nice they asked. The Welchez coffee is so good, make sure you have their cappucinno, it is so good! Also part of the tour cost was a DELICIOUS 4-course lunch. It was huge and very good. The lunch was in a beautiful setting in the forest valley. Excellent value for money, and they couldn't have done anything better than they did. All the staff were fantastic.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Really interesting. I learned a lot. If you just ask you learn so much about coffee production. We were only two persons in the group and the guide was really friendly, knew a lot and was great at English. He kept us hanging around until 3 pm and made the tour so good.

For a backpacker 35$ dollars was quite I lot but I'm glad I did it. The price includes a three meal course for lunch.

Date of experience: January 2017