Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Luna Jaguar Hot Spring
from US$220.52
More Info
All reviews hot water suspension bridge natural setting agua caliente two hours pools mud temperature waterfall baths jungle shoes ruins honduras stone
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2019

Went here with wife. I had 30 minute massage for 500 lempiras and she had 50 minute hot stone massage for 1000 lempiras. The massages were good. Must pay in cash for massages barely had enough because forgot about that. Anyways, several pools of varying degree water, natural spa, can do mud application in one of the pools. Pamper yourself and I did enjoy it and didn't think I would as much as I did.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 14 April 2019

We visited Luna Jaguar at least twice. It is quite a ways out of town, so be prepared for a lengthy tuc-tuc (3-wheeled taxi) ride. There are several pools of varying temperatures. There is a small café on site with friendly staff. By all means try the hot shower waterfall up the hill. Boys can play soccer in the field. Not expensive.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Dulcimer05
Reviewed 28 March 2019

An interesting spot but don’t underestimate how long the drive can take from Copan and do allow time to get back during daylight hours as it’s a dirt road in average condition.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 14 March 2019 via mobile

I went with the daily shuttle which leaves Copán at 2pm and leaves the hot springs at 6:30pm. The shuttle was good and comfortable. Took just under an hour each way, but it was nice to look at the surroundings on the way. We received a detailed tour of the hot springs and were told the temperatures of the water and which ones are too hot to touch. The tour was in Spanish but I think they also speak some English, and as long as you know "no tocar" then that's the most important!

Overall was very nice, in particular I enjoyed the set of cascading pools that went from warm at the bottom to hot at the top. It's nice going from the hottest one at the top to the nearby cold (ish) pool. Some of them like the one they called the jacuzzi I think were too hot and I didn't go in. Overall a nice experience and I think worth the money.

I probably wouldn't come just for the hot springs, but if you're already in the area to see the Copán ruins then it's a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank michelle_needthesun
Reviewed 10 March 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately, the ride is about an hour through a kidney jarring rocky winding today. Once there, they have done a nice job of creating areas of different pools with different temperatures. These pools aren't big though,. Even the biggest ones are not enough to hold more than 5-10 people and many more 2-3 so would want to be there on a crowded day. It's probably a 2 hour visit for a 2 hour round trip ride today my back is still trying to recover from which is why I wouldn't recommend it.

Date of experience: March 2019