Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2019

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed in one room for 3 nights. Each detail of the room is well designed and constructed. The handmade... well... everything... adds so much to the stay. Also, the traditional hacienda style lay out means that all the rooms open onto a main courtyard shared by the other guests and owners/managers of the hacienda. In that way, there is not much privacy outside of the room. We felt safe with two locked gates to pass through to enter the property and there was always staff or an employee to help us out. The breakfasts really are great with a basic rotation of traditional Honduran breakfast (eggs, beans, tortillas...) and a waffle breakfast. There's a shared refrigerator you can stash drinks or left-overs in but no mini-fridge in the room. There's WiFi available but no TVs or phones - but we didn't miss either.

Room tip: The rooms at the tips of the "U" shape of the hacienda have more windows, breeze and light.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2019

Members of our mission team stayed at Hacienda La Esperanza three nights for a needed respite from out efforts the prior week. We cannot express enough gratitude to the owners and staff of the facility.

Rodger, Suyapa, Danny, and, of course Beagley the house dog made each of us feel as though we were home. The accommodations were superb with clean rooms and bathrooms (with lots of hot water!) and services to fulfill our needs. The days would start in the kitchen with wonderful locally grown Honduran coffee and the included breakfast was always hot, delicious, and plentiful. The grounds of Hacienda La Esperanza were beautiful with chairs and benches for relaxing. What a gem!!

The very close proximity of Hacienda La Esperanza to Macaw Mountain Bird Park and Nature Reserve as well as the Mayan Ruins allowed our group to experience Honduras history and culture.

A wonderful aspect of this hideaway near Copan Ruinas is the proceeds from the stay goes to support the Clinic La Esperanza which provides medical services to the local populace and provides educational assistance to the nearby communities. Our respect and admiration to the wonderful family that operates the facility.

Thank you, Rodger, Suyapa, Danny, and Beagley for allowing us to share a few days of our lives with you. We made new friends and comrades in a worthy cause.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed a week at the Hacienda while volunteering at the medical clinic. The accommodations were fantastic and Rodger and his wife Suyapa are wonderful people. Suyapa cooked all the meals for us and they were delicious! Both Rodger and Suyapa made me feel like I was part of the family.
The bed was very comfortable and there is excellent wifi available so I was in contact with my family whenever I wanted. The grounds were beautiful.
All the proceeds from the Hacienda go to support the Clinic la Esperanza which is a very worthy cause and one I am proud to support. I very much enjoyed my stay and already am looking forward to the next stay!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Hacienda La Esperanza recently and we didnt want to leave. It is like you are staying at your own home, Mr. Rodger Harrison’s and wive Suyapa’s attention to details and service are exceptional. Beautiful, relaxing and private court yards are kids and pet friendly. The work they do at the clinic is a blessing to the near by community. I will totally recommend it to family and friends.

Trip type: Travelled with family
foxcritter976, Owner at Hacienda la Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thanks so much Kenia. It was great having you and your family stay with us here at the Hacienda.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Food: 10/10
Family: 10/10
Rooms: 10/10
Conversation: 10/10
Beagley, the house dog: 15/10

This place is sanctuary among the Mayan ruins and Honduran mountains. You will be greeted with a cup of fresh Honduran coffee every morning and a breakfast that is unbeatable. All the cooking is done with fresh ingredients and cooked from scratch. The rooms were comfortable each with a shower and bathroom. The grounds are dotted with beautiful fauna and wildlife. The family that operates the hacienda completely integrates you into their daily life and treats you as one of their own.

Beagley, the house dog, is hands down the biggest selling point. If you want to know what I'm talking about, just go visit. You won't regret it.

Last but certainly not least, the revenue generated from the hacienda funds the clinic that is just down the hill. By staying here, you are directly contributing to an invaluable service that provides medical care to about 600-800 local men, women, and children per month.

I will surely be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled on business