Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2019

Members of our mission team stayed at Hacienda La Esperanza three nights for a needed respite from out efforts the prior week. We cannot express enough gratitude to the owners and staff of the facility.

Rodger, Suyapa, Danny, and, of course Beagley the house dog made each of us feel as though we were home. The accommodations were superb with clean rooms and bathrooms (with lots of hot water!) and services to fulfill our needs. The days would start in the kitchen with wonderful locally grown Honduran coffee and the included breakfast was always hot, delicious, and plentiful. The grounds of Hacienda La Esperanza were beautiful with chairs and benches for relaxing. What a gem!!

The very close proximity of Hacienda La Esperanza to Macaw Mountain Bird Park and Nature Reserve as well as the Mayan Ruins allowed our group to experience Honduras history and culture.

A wonderful aspect of this hideaway near Copan Ruinas is the proceeds from the stay goes to support the Clinic La Esperanza which provides medical services to the local populace and provides educational assistance to the nearby communities. Our respect and admiration to the wonderful family that operates the facility.

Thank you, Rodger, Suyapa, Danny, and Beagley for allowing us to share a few days of our lives with you. We made new friends and comrades in a worthy cause.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed a week at the Hacienda while volunteering at the medical clinic. The accommodations were fantastic and Rodger and his wife Suyapa are wonderful people. Suyapa cooked all the meals for us and they were delicious! Both Rodger and Suyapa made me feel like I was part of the family.
The bed was very comfortable and there is excellent wifi available so I was in contact with my family whenever I wanted. The grounds were beautiful.
All the proceeds from the Hacienda go to support the Clinic la Esperanza which is a very worthy cause and one I am proud to support. I very much enjoyed my stay and already am looking forward to the next stay!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Hacienda La Esperanza recently and we didnt want to leave. It is like you are staying at your own home, Mr. Rodger Harrison’s and wive Suyapa’s attention to details and service are exceptional. Beautiful, relaxing and private court yards are kids and pet friendly. The work they do at the clinic is a blessing to the near by community. I will totally recommend it to family and friends.

Trip type: Travelled with family
foxcritter976, Owner at Hacienda la Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thanks so much Kenia. It was great having you and your family stay with us here at the Hacienda.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Food: 10/10
Family: 10/10
Rooms: 10/10
Conversation: 10/10
Beagley, the house dog: 15/10

This place is sanctuary among the Mayan ruins and Honduran mountains. You will be greeted with a cup of fresh Honduran coffee every morning and a breakfast that is unbeatable. All the cooking is done with fresh ingredients and cooked from scratch. The rooms were comfortable each with a shower and bathroom. The grounds are dotted with beautiful fauna and wildlife. The family that operates the hacienda completely integrates you into their daily life and treats you as one of their own.

Beagley, the house dog, is hands down the biggest selling point. If you want to know what I'm talking about, just go visit. You won't regret it.

Last but certainly not least, the revenue generated from the hacienda funds the clinic that is just down the hill. By staying here, you are directly contributing to an invaluable service that provides medical care to about 600-800 local men, women, and children per month.

I will surely be returning.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I stayed at Hacienda la Esperanza for 7 nights, while both working at the clinic and training the local Bomberos of Coban Ruinás. The grounds are breath taking, the House is a gorgeous colonial villa, and proximity to both town and the famous Mayan Copán Ruins is unbeatable (literally walking distance).

But, the best part of all was the warm welcome and atmosphere put on by the hosts. Roger, Suyapa, and Danny literally welcome you into their home as if you are one of the family. Best cooking, best conversations, and best sleep we have had in a long while.

This place is a must, if you travel in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
foxcritter976, Owner at Hacienda la Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We are so glad that we can be of service to our clients and guests. The work that you and your group of volunteers deserves much credit as well. On behalf of our town here I want to thank you and your team for coming all this way to train our local fire department. These actions will surely help save the lives of many of the people who live in this small community.

Thanks as well for the donation of such wonderful rescue tools. The ropes and tackle are much appreciated and our local fire department is most grateful. We at the Hacienda are so blessed to host people who help make our community a better place.