Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$43
Expedia.comUS$43
eDreamsUS$43
TravelocityUS$43
Orbitz.comUS$43
CheapTicketsUS$43
All reviews great hotel air conditioning hot water plaza beds wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2019

Loved the common Lounge spaces
- Terrace for relaxing
- open-air living room for people watching on the street
- lovely inner Courtyard Garden
.Very convenient location close to the square and the entrance into town
.helpful staff
.Rooms had pretty much everything you needed except for a fridge, but you could use the common one upstairs on the Terrace
.water refill station.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This was a nice place to stay. Our room was clean and spacious, the wifi worked well, the location was good, staff were nice, and there was a really nice common area/balcony on the second floor with nice views.

The only negatives I can think of were that it took a really long time for the water to get hot (but it did) and it is a courtyard type hotel where all of the doors open into the courtyard so it is very echo-y. The rooms aren't very soundproof so if you have other guests staying at the hotel who are inconsiderate and deem it appropriate to yell, whistle, etc. in the halls then you will hear them.

Overall a really nice place.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Good location near the town square. This hotel is for accommodation only. There is no restaurant or bar. This is not a problem as restaurant Los Astado is over the road for evening meals. Breakfast requires a bit of a walk.

The rooms are comfortable, beds have nice firm mattresses and traffic noise is minimal until 7am. Warm shower in en suite bathroom.

You won't be doing much swimming in the pool.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The sleeping rooms are OK, they are spacious and they look clean at a first glace. I found cock roaches in the bathroom and the shower and the toilet clogged during our stay.
The real problem is the hotel manager, very dishonest man. He was very pushy to sell us the Luna Jaguar Spa entrances. He told us we had to purchase them that morning and wouldn't be able to buy them on the spot. Since we were 6 in total I didn't want to make a fuss out of it and just purchased the entrances. He asked 500 Lempiras (about 18 US dollars) per person. He specified that 300 Lempiras where for the entrance and 200 for the transportation. The truth is both the hotel manager and our tour guide (which turns out is NOT a certified Tour Guide- just yet another scam) where collaborating to keep the extra 200 Lempiras. We already had our vehicle but the hotel manager made me believe a different vehicle would transport us to the Spa, and argued that our driver wouldn't be able to take us in his vehicle because the road was not paved. It turns out we never changed vehicles to get to the SPA and upon our return I confronted the hotel manager to ask about that transportation service we paid extra 200 lempira for. He confessed the 200 Lempira where our Tour Guide's idea. This man is willing to rip you off and therefore I cannot recommend you staying there.
Otherwise the location is good and the view from the terrace is nice. I would suggest he Marina Hotel, beautiful place and the food is good.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tianahenneuse
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a beautiful, well maintained little hotel just off the main plaza. The room was very clean, with a little balcony and it's own bathroom, hot shower and great AC. When a grasshopper showed up, wanting to crash for the night, the desk clerk came right up and removed it. It was quite entertaining watching him chase "Pedro" around with a broom. I enjoyed 4 very restful nights there. The hotel has what must be the best views in Copan, from my room, from the lounge on the 2nd floor and best of all, from the rooftop patio! There is no breakfast or coffee but a great coffee shop across the street and many little cafes to explore. I am a senior citizen from Milwaukee who had never been more than 10 miles south of the border before this trip. My daughter and her family came with me to Copan for a family wedding. Because I booked late, there were no vacancies at the hotels where other members of our group stayed. I was very comfortable staying by myself at Hotel Acropolis Maya. Someday I'd love to return to this enchanting town and stay at Hotel Acropolis Maya again!

Date of stay: July 2017