Hotel Puerto Libre(Puerto Barrios)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$52
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$54
  • Restaurant
Hotel El Castillo(Puerto Barrios)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$22
Darangilau(Puerto Barrios)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
US$44
Hotel Marbrissa(Puerto Barrios)
US$132
Hotel Casa Rosada(Livingston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$82
US$74
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewswater slidesswim up barpirate shipbeach arearooms are cleanday passbusiness tripthe beach is nicehammocksstudioshipslodging
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Overall the villa was very clean, the staff was friendly. The ordered a few drinks by the pool, appetizers and a meal. The food was not great neither the mixed drink I ordered. For the quality of the food and the drinks, it was considered pricy. I would recommend this hotel for a stay but eat at another location if possible.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AmatiqueBay, General Manager at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Good morning Didipinot01,

I want to thank you for the time you took to share your experience at Amatique Bay with me.

I am glad to see that our rooms and service were to your liking but I am worried to see that our food and beverages did not meet your expectations. I am working with my staff to bring our standards to higher levels in order to improve. To me and my team finding areas of opportunity is the only way to stay on track in our pursuit of excellence. We are 100% committed to improve in any way necessary.

Thanks again for your comment. I hope you visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I am surprised by many of the adverse comments already posted. I stayed three night and enjoyed my stay. Breakfast was of good value and dinner options were very good and reasonably priced. My AC unit needed some help upon arrival but it was fixed immediately. The grounds are well-kept and the pool and beach areas are nice as well. Room was clean and spacious. Gated resort as well. I enjoyed my stay and will stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
AmatiqueBay, General Manager at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Good morning jim w,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Amatique Bay Hotel with me.

I´m very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our service and facilities met your expectations.

I have shared your comment with all my staff and we are very motivated to keep working hard on our pursuit of excellence.

I hope you visit us again very soon.

Agustin Estrada

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Yesennia and Raul majano working at the bar are the only good thing left on there. I've been there every year since 2001 and this was my last visit.

A Q100 for a lame breakfast buffet, Q210 for a dish that outside cost Q30 less and almost doubles the size is unacceptable.

They give you 1 soap bar and you are supposed to share it with everyone as well as using it for shower and at the sink.

The AC can reach 21°C but keep it at 25 or you'll froze for they only give you 2 thin sheets and 5 hard cushions dressed as pillows. Kitchen Aid is great as a kitchen upgrade, but senseless when there isn't even butter on the resort shop.

The beach is dirty and the pool was 3/4 full so the water doesn't reach the filters and was filled with leaves and death bugs. The tortoise keeper use them as toys and throws them roughly into the water, when asked to threat them nicely his reply was that they are strong enough to endure.

They used ro have like 4 golf carts to carry your luggage, now after 20min wait, we have to drag them ourselves.

The wifi doesn't work for hours and the entertainment is lame.

Perhaps after they pay the millions in taxes that they own that lead to legal intervention last year it will get better, but why risk it?

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Hugo L
AmatiqueBay, General Manager at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Good afternoon Hugo L.

I appreciate your taking the time for sharing your recent experience at Amatique Bay Hotel.

I´m very sorry we could not meet your expectations and I will work hard to improve quality and service.

Our breakfast buffet is quite complete with many options to choose from, however I will see to it that we make it even better.

I´d like to know in what kind of unit you were lodged since even our biggest ones have soap for every shower, for every sink.

The air conditioning units have, as you very well mention, the option for a range of temperatures, thus meeting a variety of preferences. Being a beach hotel, usually keeping warm is not a problem.

We have 04 people taking care of the beach form 06am to 6pm, being close to a commercial port poses a great task to maintain garbage, debris and other things off the beach, that is why we also have a double mesh system that catches most of it, leaving only the very small stuff to our 4 beach keepers.

I´ll reviews the pool level since we have been on high season for a couple ow weeks now anda have had no issues with it, however I´ll personally check it and keep it high.

The person in charge of the tortoises have been removed from that position, since we care strongly for all animals on our grounds.

I apologize por the golf carts, we currently have one but are worn on the rest so un a few weeks we´ll have everything in order. Our supplier could not make the order on time. Please accept my apologies for that.

WiFi has always been absent in the hotel due to geographic location. We are going through a very delicate process in order to install it and make it work but i still is a work in progress. We will announce wen it is ready and tested. That is the reason it is free for the time being.

On the entertainment comment, please let me know what can we do to meet your expectations. We are an Eco Hotel and offer a variety of tours and activities like kayacs, horse back rides, Zip Line, tours on boat through a tour operator that has a desk at the hotel, of course, they have a cost but they are worth it. For free, we have two soccer courts, one beach volley court, mini golf, badminton and ping pong.

Also, thanks for bringing the tax comment to my attention because we are proudly one of the few hotels that pay all taxes so, as a hotel, you can be sure that we are 100% a tax paying institution.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and experience with me. I take all comments seriously and work on them in order to stay on our relentless pursuit of excellence.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Only gave this resort 4 out of 5 stars because some of the rooms/bungalows are really far from restaurants/pool, etc. The resort does offer golf cart service, but, depending on the number of people at the resort, guests might have a longer than average wait for transportation. Other than that, the resort was really gorgeous and comfortable.

Room Tip: The closer to amenities, the better.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
AmatiqueBay, General Manager at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Good morning snifflz1,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina. For me it is very important to know your opinion and comments in order to take action.

I am very happy to see that you liked or hotel, service and facilities. I have shared this comment with my staff and the are motivated to continue working hard in our endless pursuit of excellence.

We are working on a couple more golf carts in order to facilitate mobility. However the design of the hotel is horizontal to highlight the beauty of the surroundings, flora and fauna.

I hope you visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This was an option on a cruise we went on in December. You are able to disembark and take a water taxi over. If you are looking for pools, this is a great place it is beautiful. For a beach I wouldn't recommend..... not really clear water.... not the resorts fault.but use the pools. We kayaked with a guide that was amazing. Definitely a good place for family and down time.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank April B
AmatiqueBay, General Manager at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear April B,

I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience at Amatique Bay Resort & Marina. It si very important to me to know how we are doing in regards of service and facilities.

I´m sorry the beach did not fulfill your expectations, however, Amatique Bay is very rich in flora and fauna, our closeness to the tropical forest makes our beach a very different one from the rest of the Caribbean, in fact we are known as the Green Caribbean.

I have shared your comment with all my staff and we are all happy and motivated to continue our efforts towards excellence.

I hope you visit us again soon.