Wow! What a premium property! With just a little more attention to detail, this could be the premiere beach destination in Guatemala. The rooms are designed as stand alone villas, like studio apartments. They are excellent for families and larger traveling groups. Be prepared to do a lot of walking as there are no shuttles and the resort is mostly inaccessible by car. You must walk to reception, the beach, the pool, and the restaurants. It's not that bad but this property is definitely not ideal for visitors with limited mobility. My room does not have functioning WiFi or cable service. Also, my telephone has now service throughout most of the property. The grounds are spectacular for the most part but it's very clear that this is the off season. The restaurant hours are abbreviated and there is a limited crew available for customer service. The food and beverage prices are high considering the quality. Also, you will die of thirst before a staff will provide services. Word to the wise: when the season is low, maximize earnings through excellent service. The skeleton crew that is working through the off-season are out-manned and incapable of effectively managing the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amatique Bay R & M: surrounded by natural beauty, personal service of the highest quality, delicious national and international dishes and a friendly atmosphere, invites you to live your best vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amatique Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatique Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Puerto Barrios
- Amatique Bay Resort And Marina
- Amatique Bay Hotel