All reviews in town the main street good size large swimming pool rio dulce sea birds exchange rate rates were reasonable great pool room was large bed was comfortable enjoyed our stay the atlantic ocean air condition breakfast and dinner caribbean balcony
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Had an absolute blast. Will be my "go to" destination in Livingston. Beautiful hotel and grounds. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Reasonable prices. Great food!
Large pool with soothing waterfall. Can't find anything negative to say about this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan T
Reviewed 30 May 2017

LOVED IT!!! The décor was so authentic, the set up of the room was great! everything was clean, the pool was nice, they even had hammocks so you can chill and enjoy the view! The TV was in good condition, and I was able to see most of the channels that I get in the U.S.A :)! Thank you.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms face the sea, so you can't go wrong! but if you can get a bungalow that would be great.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2017

This is one of my favorite places to stay in Guatemala. All staff is friendly. The hotel pool could have less chlorine, but all the rest is well kept. Air condition in the rooms, incredible view to the bay, yummie breakfast, and good showers. Or may be I enjoy it so much because I love the area, but staying here is something I always look for. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Depart Rio Dulce on a 'banana boat' style outboard and travel down the river and across the huge lake, and amazing river with its houses along the shore, to Livingston at the mouth of the river.

In Livingston as you walk the back streets, the people thank you for visiting. The town gets busy when school closes for the day.

The hotel is in a magnificent location, where you could sit on your balcony or at the bar & watch the world go by.

The hotel is clean, neat, quirky and friendly. The food is good and the service very good. Wifi was fantastic. But please don't tell other people about this location, as it will become too busy.....sshh!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Wow! Location the best. Rooms the best. Restaurant great. Views to die for. Our room was on the second floor. Spacious, comfortable, nice balcony, lots of places to put belongings, clean, comfortable.
Our room would not be good for people that have problems with stairs. The stairway is circular and floating. The porters carry your bags up and down. The upper rooms looked bigger the the first floor.
There is a bar of sorts not far from the hotel that plays music late but not that loud. It did not keep us awake but I guess it might bother some.
The pool was beautiful. The restaurant was nice, Great service, great ambience, fabulous view, great food and a nice breakfast buffet is included.
They have traditional Garifuna entertainment in the evenings at times.
The folks who work at the hotel and restaurant do not speak much English but we were able to make our wishes known.
The one big draw back is for folks that have a problem with steps. From the area the boat drops you off to the lobby is a long flight of step, approximately 60. You have to descend the same steps to go to the pool and climb back up later. You would also have to climb down and up if took any of the tours that require boats.
we really liked this place.

Room Tip: Second floor can hear music from local bar. Not bad. I think you can hear the rooster no matter where you stay.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple