All reviews paddle boards nature reserve hot water mini fridge hotel is in a great location tuk tuk the main strip free wifi calle santander san pedro lake atitlan three nights next morning jc bailey luna kitchenette
Reviewed 7 March 2018

My family came to Panajachel to find a place to live. Call it luck or destiny that I picked this hotel because nothing in my life compares to my experience here. To start "Pet Friendly" is an understatement. I would say that Bailey and Luna are part of the staff and create the energy that animal lovers understand and appreciate. They welcomed my dog into their pack instantly. The manager J.C. is a pure hearted person who you will instantly bond with. Not only did he find a beautiful hillside house for us to rent and negotiate a lower price, he loaned us a mattress and delivered our luggage. When his truck stalled half way up the incredibly steep driveway he was in real danger of rolling over a 20 meter cliff! J.C. is a beloved part of this community and knows the best places for everything, more than that he will take you there and even treat on occasion. Add all of this to a beautiful, relaxing hotel in a paradise of pure energy!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We have gone out for a fun day of SUP and had such a great time. GC the instructor is such a cool bloke and our group was full of nice people. This is the proper way to see the lake and the villages around! We had fab weather and managed to go quite far. It’s very good exercise too, we even did some joga and GC took nice pictures of us all. If you come to Atitlan, you must do this!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria R
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Casa Colonial for a week and extended our stay it was so lovely. It's location is perfect right off the main strip of Panajachel. The hotel is lovely itself, clean and comfortable. The staff are so friendly and nice. The owner JC is outstanding, he welcomes you and goes above and beyond to accommodate your stay. On the first night he took us on a walking tour and we stumbled on a Christmas parade which was amazing, and the next morning he invited us on a drive around the lake to a Camp he was involved with for some charity work, so we got to see views of the lake and another town too. We've never stayed anywhere like it, we'd highly recommend this hotel. It was a great experience, thank you to everyone for making our stay special!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KMarie92
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had the queen bed with the kitchenette. It is such a cute little room, colorfully decorated and thankfully with mosquito netting. This hotel is in a great location within a block of the open markets and very close to the lake. The manager was extra cool in helping us to navigate the best possible choices for tours across the lake.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017

After staying in San Pedro for a little while, my friend and I booked three nights at Casa Colonial in Panajachel. One of the things that drew us to this hotel (besides the good pricing, of course), was the fact that it seemed to have an awesome location very close into town (which meant not having to take a tuk tuk everytime you wanted to get a meal). Boy, am I glad we stayed here! The bed was huge and the shower had hot water. There's a little balcony so you can read outside or relax (no view, as this is facing town!). This place was in a great location: you're far enough off the main strip so that you don't get a ridiculous amount of noise, and you are close enough to simply walk over to find a great place for dinner or shopping options. This place is super close to the boat launch, and just a Q20 tuk tuk ride to the Nature Reserve in Panajachel. I think what I loved most about it was JC, Luna, and Bailey - the owner and his dogs! There is nothing like having a fantastic host! JC was kind enough to give us lots of pointers and even tour us around some of the towns, which is quite unheard of. We even spent and evening drinking wine together and laughing! JC runs a paddle boarding business called PanaSurf, and he took me out paddleboarding, which was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend this hotel not just for the amenities but also for the absolutely joy of hanging out with the owner!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends