Rancho Grande Inn
Hotel Regis Panajachel(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Restaurant
US$128
Porta Hotel Del Lago(Panajachel)
US$131
US$91
US$83
US$117
  • Pool
Posada de los Volcanes(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Utz Jay(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$44
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$49/night.

Villas Balam Ya(Panajachel)
US$390
US$310
Orbitz.com
Hotel El Sol(Panajachel)(Great Value!)
All reviewspancakesmedical missionrooms are niceother hotelsthe main streetpanagroundssantander
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I am pasting my same review from Booking.com as I feel the word should get out as much as possible. We booked originally for 2 nights at approx. $88/night (630Q) but reduced it to 1 when were horrified but couldn't cancel.
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. The photos are false advertisements. We saw three of their rooms, the first was due to accidentally showing us the wrong room but none of which matches the photos of the room we expected and paid for. The WiFi in the our actual room didn’t work - and due to my friend’s work requirements we HAD no choice but to change rooms. The only other room available - Outdated with no hot water, dirty walls and carpets - cobwebs in several corners, a spider in my bed, paint stripping, horrible exhaust fumes due to huge gap under the door, USED TOWELS (hairs found on them before usage).
The photos show modern bedding and furniture as well as bathroom fixtures. Our room was filthy. Some of the outlets didn’t work so charging devices was a challenge.
We would have eaten the cost to change hotels but there were no other vacancies by that time. Our “room” was two rooms joined by a Jack and Jill bathroom but access to the outside from my side required going through the bathroom and the other room because my bedroom door was permanently locked and the hinges removed.
The lighting was ghetto rigged by running electrical cords and dangling them from the ceiling, and there were some tacky holiday lights under a net web that didn’t even work.
There was a pitcher of water in our room but given that they weren’t expecting to offer it to us, I seriously think it was sitting there from the previous visitors.
The view was of the street and subsequently we had exhaust fumes leaking into our room all night because the draft due to the door gap was so big.
After booking.com spoke to them on our behalf we were able to shorten our stay from 2 nights to 1 but they refused to give us a discount for the night despite all the deficiencies. The total for 1 night was 630Q; when we checked out they tried to charge us over 900 which is well above the additional taxes. They don’t have a good bookkeeping system so I had to show them my app to secure the price.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE unless you can preview your room in advance
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2017

As part of an an extended medical mission, we stayed at Rancho Grande for two weeks. They were extremely helpful and the service was excellent. They even made special arrangements to make sure we had what we liked for breakfast every day!

The rooms are nice, large and clean, staff was very helpful. Good showers, appropriate decor, spacious grounds with nice landscaping. The hotel itself is far enough from the main tourist street to be quiet, but close enough to be convenient and an easy walk.

Laundry service is available for a reasonable charge, a boon to those travelling for long periods.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Oregon-Firefighter
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I was planning to first visit the restaurant and secondly stay here. However, I wanted to check it out before parting with such money. I booked a homestay so I could check out this place first. The homestay was not there when I arrived and having lugged my suitcase up from the boat dock went into reception to ask if I could use the wifi for a minute or call the homestay as it was raining and I was exhausted from the walk. I communicated this in Spanish and the male receptionist said no.

Now I appreciate that if they were on a busy street being asked this all the time that they would say no, however for a future customer, and being away from the main tourist area and it raining I found this behaviour unacceptable.

I will now be staying in an alternative hotel and not eating at the restaurant even if it was the last place on earth!

Spend your money elsewhere with better customer service and empathy!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The pancakes here are amazing! The hotel itself is rather spread out, which was fine for us, but might be a pain if you don't want to walk. Lots of open space for kids to play and to just hang out. A lot of people were sitting on the porches out front of their rooms to enjoy the evening, so it feels more like a neighborhood than a hotel. Excellent environment.
The rooms were clean and beautiful. They were very well laid out and lovely in decor. Pool was also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We recently stayed here for a week while on a medical mission trip. There were 3 of us in a " bungalow" at the back of the parking lot, very isolated. There is a PUBLIC SHOWER connected to this room and we had a group of very loud men sing, scream, yell, from 2:00-4:00 am. It was very frightening and there was no one to call for assistance, so we just endured it . The following morning I had a translator relay the problem to the front desk and we were met with chuckles and that they had kicked the group out at 4 am. Needless to say, I made sure the door to the shower was locked our last night there !

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business