All reviews pancakes medical mission rooms are nice other hotels the main street pana grounds santander
Reviewed 18 September 2017

As part of an an extended medical mission, we stayed at Rancho Grande for two weeks. They were extremely helpful and the service was excellent. They even made special arrangements to make sure we had what we liked for breakfast every day!

The rooms are nice, large and clean, staff was very helpful. Good showers, appropriate decor, spacious grounds with nice landscaping. The hotel itself is far enough from the main tourist street to be quiet, but close enough to be convenient and an easy walk.

Laundry service is available for a reasonable charge, a boon to those travelling for long periods.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Neale B
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I was planning to first visit the restaurant and secondly stay here. However, I wanted to check it out before parting with such money. I booked a homestay so I could check out this place first. The homestay was not there when I arrived and having lugged my suitcase up from the boat dock went into reception to ask if I could use the wifi for a minute or call the homestay as it was raining and I was exhausted from the walk. I communicated this in Spanish and the male receptionist said no.

Now I appreciate that if they were on a busy street being asked this all the time that they would say no, however for a future customer, and being away from the main tourist area and it raining I found this behaviour unacceptable.

I will now be staying in an alternative hotel and not eating at the restaurant even if it was the last place on earth!

Spend your money elsewhere with better customer service and empathy!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The pancakes here are amazing! The hotel itself is rather spread out, which was fine for us, but might be a pain if you don't want to walk. Lots of open space for kids to play and to just hang out. A lot of people were sitting on the porches out front of their rooms to enjoy the evening, so it feels more like a neighborhood than a hotel. Excellent environment.
The rooms were clean and beautiful. They were very well laid out and lovely in decor. Pool was also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We recently stayed here for a week while on a medical mission trip. There were 3 of us in a " bungalow" at the back of the parking lot, very isolated. There is a PUBLIC SHOWER connected to this room and we had a group of very loud men sing, scream, yell, from 2:00-4:00 am. It was very frightening and there was no one to call for assistance, so we just endured it . The following morning I had a translator relay the problem to the front desk and we were met with chuckles and that they had kicked the group out at 4 am. Needless to say, I made sure the door to the shower was locked our last night there !

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank oefmoang
Reviewed 12 November 2016

The room was a decent size and clean. Our stay on a Saturday night was very loud with families making lots of noise all night in the courtyard. The breakfasts were good. The room is outfitted with very dated furnishings and an old tube TV. WIFI is terrible unless you are at the checkin building. There are better looking hotels in town.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends