“Asia in Guatemala”
Review of Restaurante Ginger - CLOSED

Restaurante Ginger
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I always found it hard to find good asian food in Guatemala City, not to mention high-quality asian food restaurants. Thankfully, Ginger has broken down barriers and positioned itself as one of the best restaurants in Guatemala City for fine asian cuisine. A safe location, great service and fresh quality food make this an outstanding restaurant.

1  Thank AleGo01

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We sat down at Ginger for a dinner. As soon as we walked in we were met by FBI-like people in suits and earpieces talking on their radios and coordinating our entrance. Weird but entertaining. We started off with a decent bottle of wine, tried 2 appetizers, two main courses and a dessert. The menu is very interesting and had a lot of options for every stage: starters, sea food, main, fish, meat, duck, chicken. I had the duck which I didn't really liked a lot but it was out of my curiosity so no major complaints here. The service was exceptional and the waiters and staff are very knowledgeable about the food on the menu. At times the place feels empty and all the eyes of the many staff members standing there and out of boredom staring and scanning the dining hall, talking on their walkie talkies like FBI agents is somewhat uncomfortable. The prices though are out of Guatemalan reality. All in all we will be back to try some other items on the menu and to conclude our opinion on Ginger.

2  Thank Soulsurfer88
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Pros:
- Underground parking lot
- Very nice setting
- Diverse menu
- Very well presented plates
- Excellent attention
- prices are reasonable
- MOST IMPORTANT: fresh, high quality ingredients. I usually get sick (specially with seafood) when eating out in Guatemala City (even in the most expensive restaurants like Ambia), but this restaurant if the FIRST one where I ate and felt great afterwards even though I had shrimp, seafood- coconut soup, and duck.

Cons:
- NONE!!

1  Thank Negroycanche
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Must admit I was a little skeptical when I heard people raving about this restaurant and the prices they were quoting were a little scary but we jumped in with both feet today and had a wonderful meal....each dish was presented beautifully and the attractiveness of the dishes was only exceeded by the taste. This is a great place for a special meal with friends or loved ones. I highly recommend you try this one out.

1  Thank BillLaReunion
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

This lovely upscale restaurant has modern tasteful decor. The service was top notch and the Asian fusion food was quite good. We prefer unique favors and smaller portions and we were not disappointed. The chef, who has worked internationally, visited our table at the end of the evening. We had a delightful experience and would compare this restaurant favorably with good big city restaurants in the US.