Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
eDreams
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

We spent a might here with the family and absolutely loved it! super friendly staff, excellent food and an amazing place to relax, hike through indigenous forest and just relax. highly recommend it as we would have loved to spend more time here. will come back!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Spent two lovely days relaxing in paradise just a few minutes away from Guatemala city. Food is amazingly good and the staff is outstanding.
Perfect place to disconnect and feel comfortable in the wildness of the jungle!
Rooms are surprisingly luxurious with that green touch that makes your stay unforgettable.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I should preface this review by saying I lived in Guatemala City for many years. And oh how I wish this slice of paradise had been open when I did - my quality of life would have increased exponentially!

El Tular really is an isolated haven. A wonderful, rustic (yet comfortable - see below) getaway from the rush and grime of city life. The property has been in the family of the owner for generations, and the ecolodge is clearly a true labor of love, not only of the owner but of all of her staff as well. You would be hard-pressed to find a better group of people anywhere.

This isn't the place to come if you're looking for loads of activity or pampering - but if you are content with simple beauty - spending time hiking in the woods, orchid hunting, relaxing around the cabins or the natural pools, or, to my delight, practicing your archery, you'll be pleased as punch here. After a couple of days away from my computer and cell phone (coverage is available but spotty) I felt so refreshed.

Further, I am not exaggerating when I say that I think the beds here are the most comfortable in the entire country. The attention to detail that the owner and her team have put into the 'little things' really makes a difference. The food is great too :)

What can I say? Can't wait to be back in El Tular.

[Only one note - for foreigners visiting Guatemala, you should be aware that this property is not in Guatemala City, and although it's an easy trip into the city, you wouldn't want to be based here if you needed to be in town all the time- it's a getaway from the city.]

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Every time I get a chance I go to this amazing place. I love that you can disconnect from everything, even though you are just a few minutes from the city.
The staff is super nice, they´re always doing their best making your stay a time to remember. I highly recommend it to anyone who want to have an extraordinary time!

Room tip: Every room has its magic!! But I love the green and the orange one
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We went this past weekend with my husband and 2 sons (5 and 7). I can't say enough about our experience at Tular. Gabriel is an outstanding host and took great care of us. You can go for a day trip or stay over night in one of the 4 bungalos'. We stayed in the bungalo's and hiked many of the trails. I still can't believe there is such a place so close to Guatemala City. Out boys didn't want to leave as they loved the trails, playground, ponds filled with frogs etc. The restaurant/bar has excellent food and something for adults and kids.

Just make sure you call Tular before heading there as a truck needs to pick you up for the last 5km.

We can't wait to return soon!

Date of stay: April 2016