Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$61
Hotels.comUS$61
eDreamsUS$61
CheapTicketsUS$61
TravelocityUS$61
Orbitz.comUS$61
All reviews close to the airport gated area complimentary breakfast sergio guatemala shuttle volcano
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2020

Villa Toscana exceeded our expectations! It is located in a guarded and gated area, so safety is paramount to them. It is just around the corner from the airport. Food delivered to the hotel was good and there was a great variety. Prices were in line with regular restaurant meals.The room was very comfortable - we had a terrace with views of the volcanoes and a king sized bed. We ate the complimentary breakfast in a very attractive garden. There were numerous hot and cold choices. The staff were excellent. We'll go back again!

Room tip: Third floor with the king bed and terrace was wonderful, but there is also a terraced room on the main floor that overlooks the garden.
Date of stay: February 2020
Hostal V, Director General at Hostal Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Hi Rosemary, thank you very much for your comments, motivate us to improve and move on. We hope to have you back at your next stay. Best regards, Azucena Toledo

Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

You get what you are looking for: right outside of the airport, the hotel provides shuttle to and from the international terminal and they only charge for it if you need to leave before 5 am. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable enough for one night and very clean.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2019

The hotel is very close to the airport, but walking is not something I would recommend. Take a short cab ride and you'll be there in moments, depending on the time of day because downtown Guatemala City traffic can be horrendous.

I stayed in a clean room on the 2nd floor. It was very secure and clean. The bathroom was small but I was alone so it was fine.

The staff were all super nice and accommodating. I don't speak Spanish but they all spoke very good English to help me understand. The manager Azucena was very helpful, but Sergio, Nelson & Paulino were as well. I had to make a last minute change to the dates I was staying there and normally that means a fee wouod be charged, but they heloed me without charging me a cancellation/change fee. That was so much appreciated! I will always remember that courtesy.

The free breakfast was very good also. No meat is included with the free breakfast menu, but you can pay extra to have items added. I believe bacon or sausage were available, but I can't remember. Ask your waitress.

My pillows were not very comfortable but the staff let me have an extra towel that I folded and placed under my head. I am more used to a super firm pillow.

The smoking area was below my window, so that was not great at all, but it only affected me once since I only slept in the room.

The shower water was nice and hot, you just have to be careful to not touch the shower head once the water is on. I did experience getting electrocuted slightly by this type of shower head once. There are live covered wires on top so you have to be cautious. The bathroom is very very small but I only had to pay $40-$50 per night, so I can't complain about space. :)

The television had around 60-80 channels available and they had free access to Wi-Fi, but I did find the Wi-Fi to be spotty availability at night.

Thank you for making me feel at home when I was only visiting for 5 days.

I would pay to go here again on my next trip to Guatemala.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2019

I stayed here last week and was super impressed. The hotel arranged for a driver to pick me up at the airport with a sign, which was comforting to see since I had traveled all day from the US all alone. The hotel is literally a one minute drive from GUA airport. The next morning they served us our breakfast of choice-- I got oatmeal with bananas and brown sugar. My friend got an egg plate with included amazing refried black beans. I spoke with another guest and they said it was BY FAR the nicest hotel they had stayed at in all of Guatemala. I paid apx $86 for a king bed.

Room tip: Comfortable and clean room
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hostal V, Gerente at Hostal Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Thank you very much for your nicest comments, we are at your service for a future opportunities. Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2019 via mobile

My wife and I and my parents absolutely loved our stay at hostel Villa Toscana. Exceeded our highest expectations! It was a beautiful and quaint boutique style hotel that spared no loss of attention to every little detail. We arrived later at night and was greeted by very warm welcoming staff that helped us order food and get settled in. In the morning we were treated by a wonderful breakfast that was included and we were waited on for everything like in a restaurant. We truly felt spoiled and well taken care of. The taxi transportation was also taken care of for us making it very easy and stress-free getting to the airport, which is 1-2 minutes away. We would highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again when we return. Thanks again hostal Villa Toscana!

Date of stay: April 2019