Book In Advance
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Museo del Ferrocarril
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2018 via mobile

The entry is only 2Q for adults and 1Q for children. They charge tourists the same as locals. Sadly you can’t take a lot of pictures but you can take pictures of the trains. We found a worker who was kind enough to explain more of the history. Just come with someone local..we just had a hard time navigating traffic to get to the museum.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I loved the visit along with my father, because I could remember my grandfather telling me his father's (my great grandfather) stories when he used to work in the Guatemalan Raildroad Offices.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Our 3 year old son loves trains so visiting this museum was a must see for us while on our trip to Guatemala. We decided to visit on our way to the airport from Antigua. It was a little off of the beaten path for us but the museum was clean, well organized and had a lot to see. I was impressed with the number of locomotives and rolling stock on display. It appears they are in the process of restoring additional pieces. Even if you are not a train lover it is good to support museums like this that help to preserve history from a bygone era. Seeing the two large steam engines at the front of the museum was the highlight of the trip for my son!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Well worth an hour's visit to see the detailed history of Guatemala's railways and trains. It's just said that the railways are now of the past and from the state of the roads in the country, it would have been better for the lines to stay open.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Can spend an easy 45 min to one hour. Lots of artifacts from USA and Europe. Good displays and inexpensive to go