Lowest prices for your stay
US$49
US$38
SAVE US$11
Snaptravel
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUS$49
Expedia.comUS$49
Booking.comUS$38
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2018

I stayed before change of ownership and about a two year lapse of going back. The old owners did nothing and it was an uncomfortable hotel, reason for the two year lapse. Went back and big change, for the better. I live in Guatemala and use this hotel quite frequently, good value for your money.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here 2 nights, a week apart as we traveled to Nebaj. The rooms were clean and quiet but basic. The staff doesn’t speak English but were very helpful and friendly. Our breakfast at the cafe was good. It is only a couple blocks to the walking mall Street with churches, shops and restaurants. It was nice to have something to do on our last night nearby. On my second stay, we had to leave by 5 a.m. for a flight. The night watchman opened the doors and stayed with us for twenty minutes until our ride came. It is not a long ride to the airport, only 88 Q or $12.00. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Genebuk
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night with my girlfriend as we had a flight the next morning from Guatemala City. First of all we went to the wrong hotel as there is also a Hotel Ajau (not Colonial). A hotel staff showed us then the way to the Colonial just the next block. Staff is friendly and rooms are spacious and clean. We've been given room no 1 right next to the reception. It was really noisy till late and again very early in the morning. In the shower only cold water was available. As it was a hot it wasn't a big issue for me this day but generally not acceptable for this price. The bathroom was also a bit old and used (not dirty). In the end I think a bit pricy but with another room, not having the issues above, I think it's ok.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luis Arturo R, Gerente at Hotel Ajau Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your comment. We will work on this issues so we can serve our guests better.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

We stayed for one night at Hotel Ajau Colonial, and were very happy with it. The building itself is gorgeous with a sun lit courtyard with a fountain. The room had everything we needed, nice beds, TV and hot water in the bathroom. If we were to stay again for longer, maybe I'd spring for one of the more luxurious rooms - but for this we just needed something basic. I would definitely go back. Staff was friendly and helpful and they have a basic restaurant for breakfast and snacks.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Luis Arturo R, Gerente at Hotel Ajau Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you for your comment. We will use this to make the hotel and our staff better.

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Hotels are expensive in Guatemala city, so you don't really have many options. We stayed here a few times, if you ask people where you could stay they'll recommend you this hotel. Many people recommended me here. It is close to la sexta so you can go walk, and it is safe. Plus it is clean and has nice architecture.

Date of stay: August 2015