Open today: Closed

from US$145.00
from US$91.54
from US$71.80
More Info
All reviews metropolitan cathedral main church historic place central park historical center great place to visit nice place architecture christ ornate guatemala parque worship plaza devotion neo zone
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Take a one day tour by my self, rent a car and take a lookf of the lovely places that Guatamela had, the Catedral, The zoo, the Palacio Nacional, Restaurants all is wonderfull, love Antigua is a lovely place

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Beautiful building and rich history.

Too many tourists during my visit so did not enjoy it as much as I would have liked

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2017

A lot of art pieces with religious meaning, inside you can find a store specialized in catholic religion with souvenirs, bibles, posters, scale images of saints, crucifixes, etc. at very reasonable prices, be quiet and remember it is a religious temple, do not scream, run, or disturb people practicing catholic rituals, closed from 13:00 to 14:15.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

It was most enjoyable to take a few minutes out to reflect and have some quiet time. One can easily spend half an hour just relaxing.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Four years ago when I last was in Guatemala City I enjoyed walking to the square and I truly enjoyed viewing the cathedral. There wasn't a docent available however it truly wasn't necessary.

I enjoyed a few minutes in prayer (and snuck some photos). There was a vendor outside the church with postcards to sell. I bought a few because they were better photos than the ones I would have taken.

The square is very busy and not much shade if I recall correctly. Bring lots of Agua Pura! P.S. I noted that I visited in February 2017 which isn't correct. i visited this place 4 years ago however the website doesn't allow to back date a review that long ago.

Though when I leave next Monday for Guatemala City I hope to see the cathedral again.

Date of experience: February 2017