Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
US$87
TripadvisorUS$87
StayForLong
getaroom.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here a few days great location friendly staff. Food was very good. Would definitely stay again. Decent area of town from what we were told. Not far away from business district. Couple nice markets close by as well.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2017

GUATEMALA CITY HOWARD JOHNSON HOTEL – Feb. 2017 4-stars
We stayed at this hotel for one night because it was near Hedman Alas’ bus terminal, which we had to be at early in the morning. Knowing we could easily arrange taxi service from the hotel to the bus station was a plus for us. This is a typical American hotel. The room was spacious, the bathroom nice, and the beds comfortable. There is an elevator for taking luggage to the upper floors and seemed to be 24-hour front desk service. My only complaint relates to an email we sent asking that no cleaning products be used the day of our arrival due to my wife’s chemical sensitivity. We did not get a response and the request was not attended to. Fortunately, the room “fragrance” was manageable for my wife.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I picked The Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City for the fact of its being within walking distance of the Museo Popol Vuh and Museo Ixchel de Traje Indigena. (They're about a 20 minute walk.) It wasn't a bad place to be for exploring the Zona 1 as the TransMetro takes you there in about 20 minutes. Really I have no serious complaints; it's a pleasant enough business hotel. My only reason for not ranking higher: The fitness area is pretty small and the restaurant staff seemed sometimes overwhelmed by the number of customers, resulting in slow service on occasion. By & large, I was happy with my choice to stay here.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Stayed here one night in March 2016. The room was adequate and quite honestly I was exhausted from traveling so I went to sleep quickly. I would not recommend going out at night or after dark. The hotel had an armed guard outside the door. I don't know about location as we were in and out within 10 hours. Adequate to lay my head for a night.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Man oh man, I have pretty mixed reviews about this place. I stayed here twice.

First impressions: I had to call them on the phone to let them know my flight arrived, since they never responded to my email about confirmation of pick up at the airport. The front desk guy didn't even greet me. He basically just asked what I wanted. So I checked in and was given a remote control for the TV with my key. Plus he didn't tell me anything about the hotel or breakfast hours or give me my breakfast vouchers. I had to ask for all that later on. Oh, and they charge six dollars to use their crappy computer for Internet!

The first room was minimally okay. It was in the ¨quiet¨section so it faced a wall of another building with about one foot distance between the two. Very dark inside. There was a hair in the sink when I went to the bathroom. The toilet was kinda nasty. The lamps had holes in them and the A/C unit was all busted up and you couldn't adjust it but down in temperature. The mattress was sloped from everyone sleeping only on one side of the bed, since the other side was basically pushed up against the wall. I could hear voices from the room next door and also people walking around upstairs, since I later found out that the 4th floor has tiles on them.

The neighborhood was kind of sketchy and they warned me not to walk around after dark. Okay then. Breakfast was just okay. Three pieces of fruit and a half full glass of OJ. Yummy!

The second night I stayed here I had much better service. The front desk guy, who eventually warmed up to me a bit, obliged my request for an upper room 413 I believe. It was a much nicer room. Had a fresh coat of paint. No busted up A/C unit. It was still dark but at least had a bit more light in the day. Shower was really good and they give you soap and shampoo. Even the towels were much plusher than my other room now that I think of it. I don't know why such different experiences.

I would probably try the Hilton Garden Inn next time I'm in Guatemala City. I had stayed at a Ho-Jo in Quito and loved it there. This place was just so old and the service was not super friendly. Oh, and the waiter service at both my dinners I ate at the restaurant pretty much sucked. They never check on you. One messed up my order. Just no charm with the guys that work that shift. The breakfast staff is much nicer.

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing street. Noisy.
Date of stay: February 2016