Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
SAVE US$5
Expedia.comUS$127
eDreamsUS$127
TravelocityUS$127
All reviews executive lounge restaurant service gorgeous hotel front desk comfortable beds alejandro conference guatemala city airport shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2020

My stay at this hotel was great; my expectations were exceeded! My friend requested shuttle service, and Baldomero picked us up from the airport & tooks us to the hotel. He was very kind & helpful, every time we saw him around. I can say that pretty much about everyone we were in contact with. Alejandro helped us our first breakfast there, and the food & the service were great! He was asked to take pictures & he went out of his way to help us arrange things around in the executive lounge. The housekeepers were also super nice. We went on a little vacation, and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2020

The Hilton Guatemala (Vista Real) is a great property and excels in many ways.
The check in was pretty good, however a few minor glitches, but management was quick to respond. The room themselves are very comfortable and mostly quiet, depending on where your room is located. One note to share...if you prefer a walk in shower and w/o hopping into a tub for your shower, these rooms are only located on the noisy side of the property facing the busy road....have no idea why they constructed the place in this way...SO....I was just there for about a month stay on and off and had to make sure my room was located on the quieter side facing gardens, but the issue with that is those rooms only have showers inside tubs...keep that in mind

The service at the Dining room was a 5 star for sure...the quality and presentation of the breakfast buffet is very good and they work very hard to make sure you are taken care of in the Dining room.

The Diamond executive lounge is a nice space to do work in and escape the guest room to a nice stocked self serve refrigerator and coffee station. I did notice that it was not regularly maintained the times I was there, because there were used place settings that were present on some of the existing tables, but was not a big bother but just pointing that out.

A few negatives that I already brought to the attention of the Hilton front desk there during my stay last year, and again this last 2 months....the Jacuzzi water is not at a comfortable pleasing temperature so if you think you are going to relax comfortable in hot bubbly water, you will be sadly disappointed. I really missed using the jacuzzi and honestly feel management is not taking steps to improve that situation so the water is where it should be.
Also, the phone system does not work for you to push buttons to get directly to appropriate departments...I had to walk all the way to the front desk for them to tell me just to push zero for assistance. If that is the case and they are not going to fix the phones to work as they are meant to then they need to post the instructions to just push zero for assistance, instead of having to get dressed out of pajamas and walk to the front desk to place a room service order...hahahaha

Was not a real biggie but wanted to mention that minor flaw.

All in all, the front desk and the baggage service and the Dining room staff, as well as the maids whom clean the rooms were very very good and I highly suggest folks stay here, even with my minor negative observations.

Thank you Hilton Guatemala!

Room tip: Request interior garden to limit road. Noise
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 27 November 2019

The hotel is fancy but our junior suite had blinded windows (due to a view on a parking lot and construction site) and the nearby road to Salvador is loud throughout the entire night. Restaurant was okay, overall not Hilton standard.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the garden to avoid the street noise.
Date of stay: November 2019
Howard G, Gerente at Hilton Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2019

Dear Cordelia V

We apreciate your comments, we will be working in the arrangements of the room according to your comments.

Best regards

Reviewed 25 November 2019

It's impossible to sleep under such much noise: Trucks, horns, cars....The hotel is just in front of a heavy traffic road, and the isolation is not good. We asked for a change of room, and they provide us the one in the upper floor in the same line, saying the sound isolation was better. But wasn't....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Howard G, Gerente at Hilton Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Mr. barcelo2

Thank you for the time you took to give us your comments. We are concern about the noise issue in the room you had. We will make a detailed check, of the rooms to make sure they are hermetical as they must be, again thank you for your feedeback, we are looking forward to see you again.

We are used to go higher our guests expectations, so we will assure this not happened again in the same with you in your next stay.

Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

This was a longer than normal getaway for me. Check in was swift - I had a beautiful room at the garden level with a nice balcony. Everything was in good repair with a classic touch.

My Hilton status included breakfast, which I was only able to use once during my four day stay. Luckily I had asked for box breakfast due to early tour departures that I had each day - as I do not eat many things, my special requests were accommodated with a smile.

I had sushi at the bar first night in after my tour. I was the only one at the bar - everything was wonderful.

Second night I decided to try the restaurant - had some appetizers for dinner A which were good, as I was not very hungry - service was great.

The location is a little bit further away from Downtown , but located in a nice and expensive part of Guatemala City. I believe there is a shuttle to transport you to a downtown location.

I almost booked airport transportation, but had to cancel last minute, as my flight was delayed and i had to change it to an earlier flight - airport transportation would have been $10, but taking an Uber was only $5.

Thank you for a nice stay!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Howard G, Gerente at Hilton Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2019

Dear Mmooni

We appreciate the time you took to recomend our property.
It is a pleassure to know that you enjoy, your stay with us, and the team help you to achieve that expectation.

You are always welcome for your stay in Guatemala, and hope to have you with us soon again.

Best Regards