After following the gringo trail, we were going to see ruins in Tikal so we stop here for the night before our flight. Our main reason was the shuttle to the airport in the morning. It was a bit expensive since we had just walked up and received a rack rate. I believe it was $120.
The room was clean and nice. Nothing to write home about. Internet worked. There is a casino down in the first floor. We didn't use much since we came late and left early. They gave us a to go Breakfast since our flight was early.
IN MY OPINION, IF YOU ARE ON A LAYOVER OR ONE NIGHT AND WANT TO BE NEAR THE AIRPORT. IT IS A VALID OPTION BUT ONLY IF IT IS AT A REASONABLE PRICE. If you want to sight see or want better options then getting a taxi (which are cheap) closer to what you want to do, look at other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 3 kms. From La Aurora International Airport and very close to the main commercial and financial area of the country. It offers 183 comfortable rooms, Gym, Heated swimming pool, Spa, Restaurant of Local and International food, Bar, Internet without cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Hotel Las Americas Guatemala/Guatemala City