Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$87
Hotels.comUS$85
Expedia.comUS$85
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I wanted to spend some time in the city center in Guatemala City to have an idea about the city with my own eyes and chose to stay at casa Carmel. The guest house is in a beautiful colonial city, the room clean , breakfast good and walking distance from the parc central. If you don't want to totally skip GC, this guesthouse is a good pick.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My dad and I really enjoyed our one night stay at this beautiful and small family run guesthouse. The owner picked us up at the airport at 6:00 AM and allowed us to check in early and even served us breakfast after we had a short nap. We were happy to pay the small $15 USD fee for that service. It was very nice and it allowed us to rest before beginning our day of sightseeing after a long overnight flight.
The room (and the rest of the house) was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. They serve a very tasty breakfast with scrambled eggs with tomato and onion, homemade beans, plantains, toast, nice “natural” jam, fresh juice, coffee, and freshly chopped papaya and melon.
There is a lovely garden in the back where we watched hummingbirds feeding in the flowers and trees while sipping a beer. The only drawback was a little bit of noise from the traffic but I sleep with earplugs and had no problem whatsoever. Overall it was a great stay! Muchas gracias!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AnthonyDDL
Reviewed 1 February 2018

a great place to spend a few days in this colonial house. Thank you Sophie for all your help. Rosa...a great breakfast and coffee!! I love the little patios although it was a little cool to enjoy them .

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I stayed only one night at Casa Carmel.....where to start. Well, after many airports and planes, landing in the evening at GuateMala airport...I was exhausted. Raoul , the spouse of the owner met me, smiling, holding a sign in bold writing. He speaks fluent Enģlish, and while driving me to the hotel, we had a stimulating and intelligent discourse on the general state of things. I like him. On arrival , a humble street at night, a large and sturdy locked gate and we were greeted by Rosa, a woman who sees to things like breakfasts and such...probably much more. First of all, the historic building is stunning. It is an intact historically preserved building in fabulous shape. Dark woods, wonderful staircase, the doors are exquisite. The ceilings are high and heavily beamed. The hotel is decorated with taste and elegance. I happened to be the only person staying that night...a beautifully strange feeling. The windows in my room, wooden shutters, terrace beyond with flowers ....I was enchanted! I want to thank Raul and Sonya...and I certainly will recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. A lovely hotel made even more special by the care and kindness of the owners.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Avril S
Management response:Responded 25 February 2017

Thank you Avril for your wonderful review we hope to see you at CasaCarmel again!!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I can definitely recommend this hotel. We were picked up from the airport, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, kinda historical with a very special atmosphere, it's really unique. The garden was beautiful too. In the morning we even got a tipical guatemalan breakfast, which was delicious. Special thanks to Raul and Sophie for giving us useful advice about the city, Guatemala itself. Also for arranging us a bus to Antigua for a very good price, as foreigners we saved a lot of money with all those tips.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 February 2017

Thank you Szabolcs we hope to see you back at CasaCarmel again!!