Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
AC Hotels
US$107
Hotels.comUS$107
Booking.comUS$107
Expedia.comUS$107
eDreamsUS$107
TravelocityUS$107
Orbitz.comUS$107
All reviews the hotel staff room was clean lobby guatemala zona
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2019

For the price, this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in Guatemala. This is a top-notch operation that has the finest interior design style and building quality. I highly recommend this place for anyone who needs a great and safe place to stay while in Guatemala. My only complaint is that there is virtually no active reception to assist guests (such as bellboys).

Room tip: Get a balcony unit.
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank 661jaij
Reviewed 30 September 2019

Very large room, modern, well maintained, clean, good AC (almost too good had to turn it down). Comfortable bed and pillows. Good choice at breakfast buffett. Centrally situated in a safe location within a complex of shops and restaurants. Friendly and helfpul staff.What more can you ask in a hotel. The bathroom was large and well appointed with modern ceramic and tilimng. The only criticism here was that the shower had a shower curtain. Some rooms (I was told) had glazed shower stalls and they are to my preference as with a cyrtain water gets everywhere. Overall no real complaints. First class.

Room tip: ask for one with a glazed shower stall
Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for one week and was very comfortable. The room was clean, spacious and had all the small amenities needed. Breakfast was not included with my rate, but I joined the breakfast buffet for an additional charge and it was very good.
The one strange thing was the lobby being upstairs on a higher floor and my room being in another tower of the hotel. There is construction around the hotel so the view from my room was not so nice. But the room itself was nice.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Newly built area with plenty of shops and restaurants. The hotel staff is very helpful, professional and friendly.
The rooms are modern if a bit stark with plenty of space. Each room has a fridge, iron, smart TV, and coffee maker. There are plenty of plugs and USB ports in the room.
Beds are very comfortable with 4 pillows and duvet.
Bathroom has a large shower, hair dryer, and nice soaps and shampoo/conditioner/shower gel.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2019

We just got back from a lovely stay at the AC Hotel by Marriott in Cayalá, Guatemala City. We had a top floor room with a small balcony. The staff are delightful and, for the most part, bilingual. In the worst case, we meet halfway with my broken Spanish which is not as good as their English.

We used Marriott Moments for daily excursions. In spite of some minor confusion with Gray Line about our pickup time on two out of four days, I highly recommend that service if you're traveling for fun to somewhere unfamiliar. It's just the second trip that we've used them but after six excursions in two countries we have nothing to complain about.

The AC property is five years old, at most, as is the whole district. The Paseo Cayalá has several excellent restaurants and some upscale shopping. It's very safe at all hours and just a nice place to call home after a day of hiking the volcano or in the markets.

Our only minor complaint about the AC is the room design. There is not enough drawer space and I just don't understand the frosted glass bathroom wall and door. I wouldn't notice it by myself but even as a couple married for a long time, it just didn't work for us. It's a perfectly good design for one person for a few days, but for two people for almost a week, it was awkward at times, especially the night I was sick. (I always have one of those in Central America.)

I don't want to end my report on a bad note, so I will mention two more things. 1. Two days before arrival I received an email from the property offering to arrange our transport from the airport. That's often a big unknown for me in a new place. It was seamless and efficient for US $20. 2. The bar has a balcony with a great city view. Even if you just get a Pepsi Light, have a drink and enjoy the west-facing view at sunset.

Date of stay: April 2019