Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
AC Hotels
US$107
Expedia.comUS$107
Hotels.comUS$107
Booking.comUS$107
eDreamsUS$107
Orbitz.comUS$107
TravelocityUS$107
All reviews the hotel staff room was clean lobby guatemala zona
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here twice. Hotel is great, new, spacious rooms. A bit complicated to find the hotel and then the lobby.

Great fancy area with a huge mall, good eats, movie theater all you could ask. But, staff is not keen on details.

Both times they failed to great me as a Rewards member.

Last time there was no one at the entrance of the hotel to guide me to the elevator to get to the lobby which is on the 6th floor. No signs. Had to wonder around.
This time a friendly staff walks you to the elevator.

Today arrived to my beautiful room and no hangers on the rack so had to wait to unpack. Called the front desk and no hangers. Had to call twice.

Hotel has great potential, but staff is poorly trained. On this go around I felt they were at least trying. I see a lot of young staff. Train them well and you will have a great hotel and we will have a great hotel experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Roberto M, General Manager at AC Hotel Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear guest Edmachi.

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. As a Reward member you are very welcome and we deeply appreciate your loyalty.

On behalf of the AC Hotel Guatemala, please receive our sincere apologize for the inconvenience specially with our service. We will enhance our training to ensure our associates deliver the service you deserve.

I will be happy to assist you in your next visit.

Cordially,

Roberto Mosquera

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The Hotel is brand new and minimalist, the design is amazing and rooms are really huge considering what you are used to these days, everything is perfect! The bar is perfect, the view from the lounge’s balcony is perfect and the staff is great and welcoming.

The reason I gave it 4/5 is because I personally would have 2 issues that I will recommend to fix, the first one is about the air freshener used around the entrances and elevators, it has a very strong scent almost as if it was men’s deodorant, I guess it has to do with the brand but they might want to change the scent or lower the dose; and the second issue has to do more with the design on the bathroom doors; if you are traveling by yourself it is ok, but if you’re traveling with a coworker, friend or you’re spouse, well, there are somethings I personally prefer to keep some privacy about, but the glass “see through” door design won’t let you, that I think is an awful misunderstanding on the design, although I get it but there are some privacy issues that should be taken into consideration.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank josec42
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was there for a week, and it was definitely a beautiful option. It's really new and while it had some glitches (AC not working on the first 3 days, elevator not working properly, as examples), the overall service was good, the details in the room definitely worthy, and a great experience all in all.

I love as well, how convenient it is to be inside Paseo Cayala, which is a gorgeous place to walk around and do shopping or bar/restaurant hopping!

I personally think that it's surely built up for couples more than for business. There are challenges with privacy with the bathroom doors, and while it can be worked out by "communicating" properly, it can be reduced by just removing the transparencies from the doors... simply more practical for business relationships.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

You’ll be hard press to find a hotel as elegant, classy, professional and stylish as this one.
The rooms are absolutely perfectly beautiful and functional, the fact that it’s brand new certainly enhances the experience but regardless of its age it is an architectural dream.
Location is great and surroundings are even better, retail stores, restaurants and condos to match every taste, style and accommodations desired. Can’t wait to be back!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2018

The staff was so nice when they helped us check in. They arranged taxis to take us to the airport the next morning and told us of hotel drink specials. The bar is incredible- it has an amazing view of the city. The rooms were really nice as well, and I would recommend to anyone traveling to the city. But... the reasons I didn't give it 5 stars might just be quirky Guatemalan things, who knows. The bathroom door was actually see through. It was uncomfortable for a family to stay in a hotel room where you could literally see and hear everything that was happening in the bathroom. Also the comforter was the noisiest blanket I have ever slept with in my life. I felt like I needed to carefully plan every turn in bed so I wouldn't wake up my room mates. Overall, it was a great stay with a few weird quirks.

Date of stay: January 2018