“Buggy”

Hampton Inn Americus
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Americus
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Had a handicap room on the first floor for two nights. A roach came marching out the first evening. Called the desk and she said someone would spray the next morning. We returned to the room at 3 pm and it was not made up. The young man came and asked if we needed towels, which we did. Because we had to leave again at 4, I told him to skip everything else. I also called the desk to see if the bug man had come. I was told that he sprayed with a can of spray. That night, about midnight, while watching tv, a parade of roaches began their march around the room. Had my husband not already been asleep, I would have insisted on a room change. There were at least five more roaches, which are disgusting. I quickly went to bed before I could see any more. We left very early the next day. No hotel should have an infestation. I found this hotel to be highly unsatisfactory and not at all indicative of a Hampton Inn brand.

Room Tip: NEVER accept a first floor room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scherlie
Manager1311, General Manager at Hampton Inn Americus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Scherlie,

I apologize for the issues that arose during your stay at the Hampton Inn Americus, Georgia. Thanks to your feedback we are able to assess the situation, and do our part to fix it and make sure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Americus, GA in order to visit the Andersonville Civil War P.O.W. camp. This was a great stay. The bed was comfy, the staff very efficient and helpful and friendly. Will definitely come back here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathleen H,

Thank You so much for your positive feedback, and for staying with us here at The Hampton Inn Americus, Georgia. We hope to see you again next time your passing through.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Staff was overly nice! Some people like a little space. This was the worst place as for sanitation that I have ever stayed. It was filthy and smelled of must from the elevator to the walls to the halls and the rooms. The air conditioner vent and plug outlets were covered in layers of dust and walls had water stains. The ironing board and the refrigerator were broken. The beds appeared clean, but hesitant due to the surrounding atmosphere. If I would have arrived earlier, l would have cancelled my reservations and went next door. My children are still, several days later, dealing with allergies, from this stay.

1  Thank 889lilliab

Dear 8989lilliab,

I apologize for the experience you had here with us at the Hampton Inn Americus, Georgia. Thanks to your feedback we are able to fix the situation my staff and I are doing our best to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

This hotel suited our every need for good sleeping and hot shower. Quick stay and trip. Everyone was polite and helpful. Very happy and satisfied! Easy accessible and parking. Plan to stay at other Hampton Inns in the future.

Dear Donna W,

Thank You so much for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on the best guest service possible. We hope to see you again the next time your passing through.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Rooms are nice and hotel is quiet. Breakfast was good. I would recommend for anyone staying in Americus. Restaurants are just down the road and a Walmart not too far down the road. Hotel has an outdoor pool.

Dear maschmit,

Thank You so much for your positive feedback on our Hampton Inn Americus, Georgia. We hope to see you again the next time your passing through.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Americus
2.6 km away
Days Inn Americus
#4 of 7 in Americus
30.2 km away
Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club

Been to Hampton Inn Americus? Share your experiences!