Colibri House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Placencia
See available hotels
Seaspray Hotel(Placencia)
Ranguana Lodge(Placencia)
Cozy Corner(Placencia)
  • Breakfast included
Chabil Mar(Placencia)
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssleeping loftupstairs suitestayed upstairslower apartmententire housefew minutes walkbeach houserestaurants and shopssea breezequiet locationour home away from homenight lifeown mealsair conditioningcaribbean seaclose to townfull moon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Colibri is right on Placencia beach, dotted by palms all the way to the end of the peninsula. But the location is far enough from the beach bars & clubs, which makes it a quieter & safer place by night. The suite is all wooden, on two floors, with a small terrace. You can lay on the beach right in front, or chill in your hammoc..you pick it! If you are up for a walk, the village is no more than a 10-minute walk or a short ride by bike.
Interiors are super fine and surprisingly you may find ancient Tibetan, Balinese and Italian furniture...as well as some hints of modern India. Having a chat with the owner, Stefano, about the way he made up this place is so interesting... Apparently Francis Ford Coppola bought copies of this ancient Balinese sofa-bed to furnish the Turtle Inn itself!
The 3-floor cottage is parted in 1 studio & apts. The apt on the second floor has also a loft & a veranda with a breathtaking view :)

Colibri is a fine choice, but unfortunately when it was full when I was there, so Stefano who also manages other houses in the neighborhood, gave me a few options. I eventually opted for the superlovely Silver Leaf Cabana, right opposite, on the lagoon side - which I loved anyway.

Either way, be reassured, management is done at state of art & you do get quality for your peaceful stay in Placencia. Talking from my experience (april 2012), you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
ColibriHouseBelize, Owner at Colibri House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Hi All! This is the first time I am answering to every Guest/Friend who have reviewed us in this Magic site called Tripadvisor. A Magic link that connect Rental Business, Travelers and Tourists of the whole Earth... Thank to All of you and to Tripadvisor our little business, the Colibri House has prospered for years being able to survive also in recent difficult times because of the terrible Global Economical meltdown... It has been taught to everybody but maybe all of us have reached to the end of that tunnel that badly hit many nice Families. I have always thought about all of you hoping that the nice people who have picked up our vacation rental to enjoy their holidays could make it as we have been able to make it until now. I am sincerely grateful to all of you... Now possibly all of us will have to fight again against new Economical Challenges plus the Global change of the weather, so weird and unpredictable here in Belize as in the rest of the World. But I am sure that all of us will be blessed and we will make it again!!! I have always thought that the Karma strongly linked to the Colibri House was good for us and for our Guests/Friends and I hope He helped you as He helped us... Just a thought after so many years (14...) I started this business with Nicoletta, when nobody here or at home in Italy could even think we could make it... I wanted to share it with All of you but now it is better if I will post it right the way!!!! If not I won't be so brave to do it!!!!!!!! ;o)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was fortunate to have stayed four nights at Nicoletta's and Stefano's Colibri House just two weeks ago. I reside in the states and live a very hectic life at home so landing here for the first 4 nights of my trip was such a blessing! I occupied the studio on the main floor and was happy I checked myself into this little haven. The place is exactly as you see in the pictures. You're literally ON the beach. While it was HOT HOT HOT while I was there, they provided 3 fans and was perfectly fine without a/c. The house is made of gorgeous Belizian woods and tastefully decorated...with a little taste if Italy throughout. The shower is a little tricky in that pressure is really lame late in the evening and water trickles out but was fine the rest of the day(nothing to do with the inn keepers). Both Nicoletta and Stefano dropped by daily and were never intrusive, but made sure that I was happy with my stay. Great recommnedations for dining etc! Omar's was my favorite place in town...$6 for curry snapper, rice, beans and salad...omg, I'm getting hungry!

People in Placencia are happy to help and friendly though there were moments when being alone felt strange so be aware if you go out late at night as I did. I was offered grass several times, but if that's the worst that happens being a single man and traveling alone, I'm okay! I definitely have a hippy vibe, so I'm never surprised...Hahaha. I flew from Belize City for $116 and took bus back for $10...your choice but I think next time I'd stick with the bus...nice way to meet Belizians who were delightful with me and see the country!

I miss Colibri already. I'm rested, renewed and ready.

Mille Grazie Stefano and Nicoletta!!!!!!

Room Tip: I saw the upstairs unit as well and it's beautiful and warm with gorgeous views, but I still preferred the studio on main floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 May 2012

All in all a perfect place to spend a few days relaxing. The upstairs ladder to the loft is a bit difficult to negotiate at night so make sure to turn on the nightlight. Other wise all was good and the bikes to use to get around were a welcome addition. We rode to Seine Bright and beyond and found that the exercise and being able to explore really made it very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We were only in Placencia for three days, but based on the time we spent there, I think the Colibri House is one of the best places to stay in town. It is conveniently located and a great property if you are looking for something quiet and laid back, and Stefano and Nicolette do a great job managing the property. The two porches and hammocks are the perfect place to relax and take in the Caribbean view. The beaches around Placencia are having a fairly serious problem with sea grass, but the stretch in front of the Colibri House was better than most. Hopefully the town will band together and try to solve this problem because the beaches could be really spectacular. During our next trip to Placencia, we will definitely be staying at the Colibri House.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Excellent place to stay while in Placencia! Clean,quiet and relaxing!!! Love the hammocks! Stefano and Nicoletta were more than helpful with anything we needed! Going back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple