All reviewsmaya beachjaguar roomcreamsicledreamsicle houseking conchhibiscus roomjoya del markingfishhotel bistroowners johnfalse cayebeautiful beachbelize citycinnamon rollsbowling alleyfabulous foodprivate pool
Reviewed 27 October 2015

I can't say enough good things about Maya Beach Hotel. We stayed there October 2015 for our honeymoon and my husband and I both agree we couldn't have picked a better place. We stayed in the KingFish room and it was perfect. Right on the beach, small kitchenette and a front porch all to ourselves. The beaches were clean and nice and we loved the little cabana over the water! They have kayaks, paddleboards and snorkeling gear free for guests to use. We ate at the Bistro one night and the food was mouth watering! For breakfast one morning we ordered the large fruit bowl (wish we would have done that everyday) the fruit was so fresh and delicious. Along with a beautiful beach, an amazing room (and view) and great food, the staff was phenomenal. Everyone there was incredibly helpful and friendly. We can't thank the staff at Maya Beach enough! They helped us schedule tours, answered all our questions and were always eager to see how our day went. My husband and I both agree, Maya Beach will be the only place we will stay at in Placencia and hope to return very soon!

Room Tip: Kingfish room is great! Amazing view, big clean room and a little more privacy!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kellee B
Reviewed 21 October 2015

We stayed at Maya Beach Hotel the last week of September and had a wonderful time! Everyone there was so accommodating and eager to help make our trip the best. We did a fishing/snorkel day trip and did the Mayan Ruins--both were fantastic. I would also recommend taking advantage of all the hotel has to offer; paddle boarding, kayaks, biking, etc. The food at the bistro was amazing and the beaches are beautiful. Could not have asked for a better trip!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 327jess
Reviewed 9 October 2015

Maya Beach hotel was our first stop in Belize. it was quite a drive from San Pedro, but my only regret was that we did not stay more than one night there. the restaurant ( modestly calling themselves bistro ) has truly amazing food that has a fantastic blend of local flavors and freshest ingredients - fusion at its best! we stayed in a hummingbird room which was great. I think you have an ocean view from every room, although some are closer ( by few feet) to the beach than others. The beach is nice and I actually enjoyed swimming both in the evening and in the morning, there is a bit of sea grass ( like miniature kelp flowers and buds) but it's not slimy yucky, so it did not bother me at all. if we stayed longer we would have definitely enjoyed more activities available in the area - Monkey River cruse, snorkel,I got, diving, etc... we did visit Jaguar preserve on our way back to San Ignacio (located all the way on the other side of the country...:) please visit the place and take tubes down the river - it's a short hike to a river and then 49 minutes of paradise and a short hike back with tubes through the jungle - we loved it so much! there are no Jaguars to see, as the place is just a nature preserve and Jaguars are staying as far away from people as they can, but it is worth a drive nonetheless.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elena M
Reviewed 3 October 2015

I spent my last 2 nights in Belize after a Road trip to the Maya ruins in Tikal and Caracol and Bareboat-charter to the cayes. I had the "Jaguar" beach level 1 Kingsize bed and a living room. It's very spacious and clean you get your private veranda and hammock and no steps to the beach. The employees are very nice and friendly they organized perfectly my trip back to the airport. I had a great and quite time, didn't test the pool, but it looked ok. There are no TV's but you can see the Ocean from your bed. The restaurant is very good and definitely price worth. There's a good separation from the restaurant.

Room Tip: Beach level rooms with hammock
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Christoph V
Reviewed 17 September 2015

The food was absolutely incredible. We worked our way through the menu breakfast, happy hour and dinner. Staff was friendly and helpful, room (Dreamsicle lower floor) was clean and comfortable. I can't say enough positive things about our stay.

Room Tip: WE really enjoyed the Dreamsicle bottom floor. Top would be fine too!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family