All reviews eagle rays lion fish boat ride south dock chef chris turtle excursion small island the entire island turtle spot private island remote island dive shop the great barrier reef mooring ball blue light crows nest amazing island
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

After scouring many websites for the anniversary trip of a lifetime, my mouse kept coming back to Hatchet Caye. Ok, this is it! After reading all the other reviews on this place, seeing the pictures, we just have to celebrate our 10 year anniversary here. I booked an oceanfront cabana, made the flight arrangements, we're going for nine nights! Heaven, here we come! And Heaven is certainly was. Clear, blue water. Ocean breeze. Quiet. NO CROWDS (We were one of only 3 couples there for four days). Sailing. Snorkling. Fishing. Great service and food in the Lionfish Grill. Friendly, helpful staff, and several went completely above and beyond to make our experience memorable and special, such as Rasta, Antonio, and others. So, if you want to go somewhere that actually looks like, or better than the pictures you saw on the brochure, choose Hatchet Caye. Another TA reviewer said this was the new standard by which he judged all future vacations, and this is absolutely true. Go here. Now.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pete R
Reviewed 28 September 2016

A truly great place with wonderful people. If you want to get away, this is the place. There is great snorkeling, outings to see the rays/sharks/turtles (a MUST do), and great food and drink. We would go back for sure

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Great experience from the time we arrived until we left was nothing short of GREAT!! The staff are all very friendly and helpful! They all seemed to want to be sure we had a great time! The food was always first class! Beds are great, rooms very clean and and comfortable! The dives were great (I've done a lot of diving and have never had the dive team assistance I had at Hatchet Caye! They take care of everything........from loading to setting it all up to unloading and getting it all ready for your next dive!) Pool was very clean and such a relaxing place to gather with family or friends and talk about the day or whatever!!
I am looking forward to my next vacation at Hatchet Caye!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank chapmanron06
hatchetcaye, General Manager at Hatchet Caye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

We appreciate your review Ron! Our Dive Team takes great pride in making our divers feel safe and relaxed. Your kind words will be passed on to our entire team. We thank you and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Where shall I start? The watermelon cocktail we were offered when arriving at the island? The beautiful spacious rooms and wonderful sight from the terrace? The wonderful lunches and dinners in that cozy restaurant with the lovly service who immediatly approached you with your names? Yes - the island is that small! But every single corner is just beautiful. Every photo you take causes envy for those people staying at home. The best on the island is that it is embedded right within the big fat reef - meaning healthy corals and sealife. That ocean at this corner is so full of live, we saw so many tropical colorful fish, sting-rays, thuna, barracuda, lemonsharks and nurseshark (no they don´t harm you - they are peaceful creatures!) and those beautiful beautiful corals. You are only stepping from anywhere into the ocean and you enter a complete different world. If we were not already married we would have chosen this island to get married - it cannot get more romantic than this and i really have been around the world A LOT! Love Maui, love the Seychelles, Maledives, South Africa, Amerika, France, Italy you name it - but THIS is truly the best place I have ever been to. We actually only wanted to stay the night with friends and go back to Placencia the next day, but my friend proposed that we just stay another night while he had to work the next day. It didn´t take us more than 20 seconds to do that and we didn´t regret it - it was really a magic place and I wish I will return here one day. Worldwidetravellers - go and check it out!! You will not regret it. And fyi: They do have complimentary kayaks, snorkling gears, paddle boats, little sailing boats - assome!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong as they do not have that many rooms - all rooms are just wonderful, quiet and you do have a view from any room!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Energyseeker
hatchetcaye, General Manager at Hatchet Caye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

We can not thank you enough for your review! So many of the things you mention are the things we take great pride in about our island! The accessibility to the Belize Reef is truly one of the greatest gifts our resort offers and we are pleased that you took advantage of it!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

The people who work at Hatchet Caye were not very friendly or helpful. It was like pulling teeth to get any kind of answer out of them. Usually the response to any question was ya and they would keep on walking. I would just stand there wondering what ya means. For example I would ask if I could get a drink and they would answer ya but I wouldn't get a drink. The restaurant and bar area is nice but way over priced compared to the other islands in the area. Seemed like it was an average resort that you would find in the USA. Not much culture or Belizean flare, just a bunch of employees with bad attitudes. On the bright side the other guests were very friend and nice. Wifi was the worst out of all the islands we visited, not that any of them were great. I will skip over Hatchet Caye on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DavidI1931
hatchetcaye, General Manager at Hatchet Caye Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hello David, In researching your time with us on Hatchet Caye Resort, we find your visit logged under 'no sale'. This means that your vessel stopped in and probably used the internet but there was no exchange of currency. Our staff have wonderful relations with visiting mariners to our island and we have never had complaints from resident guests or sail-in guests or any of our crew having bad attitudes. Also our entire staff is Belizean and we have plenty culture on the island with Belizean dishes available for each meal time. We would hope you would visit again so that you have the opportunity to see the true picture of our island experience.